External (Part time) Students

Lorenzo

Mar 14, 2009, 2:00:22 PM3/14/09
to Google Summer of Code Discuss
Hi
I am a Part time student studing in the University in Colombo
(External degree division). I also work full time for a Bank (Not in
IT). I want to know if i can apply for the GSoC.

Thanks,

Lorenzu

Leslie Hawthorn

Mar 14, 2009, 2:26:08 PM3/14/09
to google-summer-...@googlegroups.com

You are certainly allowed to do so provided you meet all the other eligibility requirements. However, we have found in the past that student can have difficulty balancing another job, Google Summer of Code and other academic commitments. Be candid in your application about your time constraints and work with your potential mentors to see if there's a good fit for both your skills and your availability.

Cheers,
LH

--
Leslie Hawthorn