Start of Coding Surprise for GSoC 2007 Students

LH

May 16, 2007, 7:36:14 PM5/16/07
to Google Summer of Code Announce
Hello everyone,

If you are not a student for Google Summer of Code 2007, you can stop
reading now.

In keeping with last year's tradition, we will be sending a surprise
to all students. Last year we sent a cool Google notebook (complete
with paper legacy interface), and this year we have something even
cooler in the works.

Since we'll be shipping the surprises from Mountain View HQ, folks in
North America will be receiving their shipments first. It would be
greatly appreciated if no one spoils the surprise by talking about
what it is until June 4, 2007.

A few notes:
1) Our shipping department will begin sending the surprises out
tomorrow and promises that all of them will have left our shipping
dock by Friday, May 25th. They will be sent to the address you have
on file as your shipping address in the web app.

2) Folks based in the United States should receive their surprise
approximately five business days from it leaving our dock; folks based
outside of the USA should receive it within fourteen business days
from it leaving our dock.

3) Google will be paying any customs/import duty fees that we are
aware of up front. If additional fees for the shipment are assessed
once they reach you, you will be responsible for covering the costs.
(AFAIK, however, we accounted for all of these costs on our end.)

4) We are not sending any tracking information with these shipments.
Sending the surprises via any method that allows us to track the
packages make the cost of sending the surprises prohibitively
expensive. (Actually, it more than quadruples the cost of shipping
the surprise to students located in the United States, let alone
anywhere else in the world.) Yes, this means some shipments will get
lost. Read on....

5) Any books that do not make it to the intended recipient will be
returned to me. You will be contact for better address information so
we can resend the book to you.

6) We will create a page on the private students list to allow you to
let us know if you have *not* received your book. We will wait until
June 4, 2007 to begin following up on books that didn't make it to
you.

Cheers,
LH