Student Application Deadline Extended

LH (Leslie Hawthorn)

Mar 31, 2008, 11:13:58 AM3/31/08
to Google Summer of Code Announce
Hello everyone,

This year, we experimented with the program timeline providing one
week for students to discuss project ideas with their mentors and then
a single week to submit applications. We have heard feedback from the
community that it would be beneficial to provide more time for
students to submit their applications, so we've done just that.

The new deadline for student applications is Monday, April 7, 2008.

For full details, you can check out the program timeline. Please note
that our engineers are working on the required updates to both
http://code.google.com/soc/2008/ and the FAQs to reflect the extended
deadline, and we will post to this list when the changes have gone
live.

In the meantime, get those applications in and nag your friends to
apply. :)

Cheers,
LH

Leslie Hawthorn