spamassassin module

Dan

Jul 19, 2007, 4:21:39 PM7/19/07
to Google Safe Browsing API
I am working on a spamassassin module that can parse the URLs from a
message and look them up in the safebrowsing database. I'm working on
a Net::Google::SafeBrowsing module to provide a Perl API. Would I have
to make every user get their own API key? It would be more convenient
(for users) if I could get a key I could just hardcode into the module.

Messaging....@gmail.com

Jul 20, 2007, 6:44:45 PM7/20/07
to Google Safe Browsing API

Dan, I already did this as a proof of concept test. I got all of the
bits working, including all of the incremental download bits with a
MySQL DB, and a spamassassin module. And I ran it with a 0.01 score
on a set of fairly busy mail servers (1.3 million messages/day) for a
couple of days (I think, it might only have been one day).

Unfortunately, it performed very poorly on emails. The hit rate was
low, and when it did it, it was on email that already scored in the
14+ points range. I had high hopes for the lists, but it turns out
not to have worked the way I wanted it to. I developed the code on my
own time, and then ran it at work, so I can probably provide the code
if you're interested. Said code is pretty rough, but it did work.

But to answer your question, it does appear (by my reading of the
agreement) that you'd have to make everyone get their own key, and put
it in some config file somewhere.