2012/5/15 - New Release (3.9)

Chris Broadfoot (Google Employee)

May 17, 2012, 11:28:32 PM5/17/12
to google-map...@googlegroups.com, google-maps-js...@googlegroups.com
Hi all,

We recently released a new minor version of the Google Maps API. This means that the versions are now:
3.9: Development/Nightly
3.8: Feature Stable
3.7: Frozen

3.6 has been removed: if you request it you will receive 3.7.

-----

In this latest release of 3.9, we've added:
* Country restriction for Autocomplete (AutocompleteOptions?.componentRestrictions)
* Regions and Cities type filters

You will also get all the features of 3.8 (now Feature Stable), including:
* WeatherLayer and CloudLayer
* Click-to-go/Click-to-zoom in Street View
* orderBy, limit and offset for FusionTablesLayer
* utc_offset and opening_hours in PlaceResult
* google.maps.geometry.poly.containsLocation() and isLocationOnEdge()
* DemographicsLayer (Maps for Business only)

-----

As noted previously, we recommend production applications specify a minor version (e.g. 3.5, 3.6). Though, please take the time to test your application against the nightly version (3.7) so that we can rectify any issues that may surface during your testing.

Please post all technical questions over on Stack Overflow:

Please continue to post bugs to the issue tracker:

To see more information about versioning of the Maps API, see documentation:

The full changelog for the Maps API can be found here:

Thanks,
Chris

SmirkingMan

May 21, 2012, 4:05:30 PM5/21/12
to Google Maps JavaScript API v3
"3.6 has been removed: if you request it you will receive 3.7."

I have a page which worked fine for the last couple of years:
http://www.calvert.ch/tools/geocoder.htm and it now displays a blank
page in IE9.

My understanding was that coding v=3.6 was to avoid having things
break with new versions.
Serving up 3.7 breaks that contract and leaves me with many unhappy
users.

Would it not be possible to respect requests for previous versions?

Thanks and regards,
Maurice

On May 18, 5:28 am, "Chris Broadfoot (Google Employee)"
> Please post all technical questions over on Stack Overflow:http://stackoverflow.com/questions/ask?tags=google-maps-api-3,google-...
>
> Please continue to post bugs to the issue tracker:http://code.google.com/p/gmaps-api-issues
>
> To see more information about versioning of the Maps API, see
> documentation:https://developers.google.com/maps/documentation/javascript/basics#Ve...
>
> The full changelog for the Maps API can be found here:http://code.google.com/p/gmaps-api-issues/wiki/JavascriptMapsAPIv3Cha...
This conversation is locked