Help! $25.00 for the first person to fix it. Safari issues with video in InfoWindow

Tyler

Jun 11, 2010, 2:02:06 PM6/11/10
to Google Maps JavaScript API v3
I am trying to load a video in the infoWindow and it seems to work
fine in firefox and internet explorer but does not work in safari 4.
Please help! I know it isn't much but I will give you 25.00 via
paypal.

Thank you,
Tyler

P.S. here is the Website: http://www.pineapple.la/map.html

Tyler

Jun 11, 2010, 2:40:37 PM6/11/10
to Google Maps JavaScript API v3
It opens a blank video in chrome also.

Marc Ridey

Jun 11, 2010, 6:44:27 PM6/11/10
to google-map...@googlegroups.com
When you drag the map around as the infowindow is opened, you'kk see the video re-appearing when the infowindow position and video position match.
It's a known bug of all webkit browsers when using embed objects (such as flash or video) inside DOM elements where a CSS transform is applied.
The only work-around at this stage is to display the infowindow in the map.getDiv() element and calculating it's position using an dummy OverlayView.
Not a simple task.

Tyler

Jun 12, 2010, 1:15:15 AM6/12/10
to Google Maps JavaScript API v3
Thank you so much for responding. That sounds super confusing. I
think I will just link it to a page with a video on it. I hope they
fix this bug soon.

Thanks again,
Tyler

On Jun 11, 3:44 pm, Marc Ridey <mri...@google.com> wrote:
> When you drag the map around as the infowindow is opened, you'kk see the
> video re-appearing when the infowindow position and video position match.
> It's a known bug of all webkit browsers when using embed objects (such as
> flash or video) inside DOM elements where a CSS transform is applied.
> The only work-around at this stage is to display the infowindow in the
> map.getDiv() element and calculating it's position using an dummy
> OverlayView.
> Not a simple task.
>
> On Sat, Jun 12, 2010 at 4:02 AM, Tyler <pineapplelosange...@gmail.com>wrote:
>

> > I am trying to load a video in the infoWindow and it seems to work
> > fine in firefox and internet explorer but does not work in safari 4.
> > Please help!  I know it isn't much but I will give you 25.00 via
> > paypal.
>
> > Thank you,
> > Tyler
>
> > P.S.  here is the Website:  http://www.pineapple.la/map.html
>
> > --
> > .

en4ce

Jun 12, 2010, 6:16:53 AM6/12/10
to Google Maps JavaScript API v3
what about just put an IFRAME in the infowindow and load the video
throu that ?

Tyler

Jun 12, 2010, 4:43:28 PM6/12/10
to Google Maps JavaScript API v3
Great idea! But it still didn't work. It only works if i switch it
to satellite view then back to regular map view.

Oh well. Thanks guys. I hope they fix the bug.

Clarkee

Jun 21, 2010, 4:49:35 AM6/21/10
to Google Maps JavaScript API v3

Trevor

Dec 28, 2013, 7:00:59 PM12/28/13
to google-map...@googlegroups.com
This fixed it for me in Chrome and Safari:
iframe { -webkit-transform:translate3d(0,0,0); }