3.5 June 8, 2011 Removed GeocoderRequest’s "language" option

usa

Jun 8, 2011, 5:42:26 PM6/8/11
to Google Maps JavaScript API v3
What was the reason to do this?

I need to query a place name in 3 languages at the same time.
How to make it work now?

Chris Broadfoot

Jun 9, 2011, 6:34:50 AM6/9/11
to google-map...@googlegroups.com
We made this change to simplify the API. The Geocoder uses the browser's preferred language, or language specified when loading the API. See here:

Sorry to hear this change didn't work out for you. Can you please elaborate on your particular use case?

http://twitter.com/broady

Luke

Jun 26, 2011, 6:29:09 PM6/26/11
to Google Maps JavaScript API v3
Same problem here. In my case I need to reverse geocode in English to
have consistent result regardless the users' language, at the same
time I want the user to see the map in their favorite language.