Hybrid map for South Korea

Amaroq

Jul 18, 2010, 6:39:27 AM7/18/10
to Google Maps JavaScript API v3, hs11...@samsung.com
Hello,
While using the googlemaps V3 API, I've found that the Hybrid map for
South Korea is almost the same as a Satellite map. I thought that the
Roadmap would be overlaid to the satellite image. Does anybody know
why this is happening? All other countries are working Ok. Also, if I
use the Java version of googlemap, I can see the roadmap is overlaid
to satellite map correctly when using Hybrid map.

Best Regards,
Amaroq

Ben Appleton

Jul 18, 2010, 10:42:17 PM7/18/10
to google-map...@googlegroups.com, hs11...@samsung.com
Ah: Google Maps shows Korean tiles on .co.kr:
http://maps.google.co.kr/maps?ll=37.56,127&t=h&z=14&hl=en. We'll look
into it.

On Mon, Jul 19, 2010 at 12:33 PM, Ben Appleton <appl...@google.com> wrote:
> I see no roads, only city labels on maps.google.com
> (http://maps.google.com/maps?ll=37.56,127&t=h&z=14) and on Android
> Java maps.

Ben Appleton

Ben Appleton

Jul 18, 2010, 10:52:44 PM7/18/10
to google-map...@googlegroups.com, hs11...@samsung.com
Please provide a link to your site. You should see Korean tiles if
you load the API from
http://maps.google.com/maps/api/js?sensor=TRUE_OR_FALSE&region=kr&language=kr

Regards
Ben

Amaroq

Jul 19, 2010, 9:35:09 PM7/19/10
to Google Maps JavaScript API v3
Thank you for your quick response.
I've tried your suggestion, but it didn't work.
I was just testing using the basic demo script in the V3 API page, and
added the region and language, but didn't work.
Could you give me some more suggestions to work on?
(I don't have a public domain to upload yet.)

BR,
Amaroq

On 7월19일, 오전11시52분, Ben Appleton <apple...@google.com> wrote:
> Please provide a link to your site. You should see Korean tiles if
> you load the API fromhttp://maps.google.com/maps/api/js?sensor=TRUE_OR_FALSE(R)ion=kr&lan...
>
> Regards
> Ben
>

> On Mon, Jul 19, 2010 at 12:42 PM, Ben Appleton <apple...@google.com> wrote:
> > Ah: Google Maps shows Korean tiles on .co.kr:
> >http://maps.google.co.kr/maps?ll=37.56,127&t=h&z=14&hl=en. We'll look
> > into it.
>
> > On Mon, Jul 19, 2010 at 12:33 PM, Ben Appleton <apple...@google.com> wrote:
> >> I see no roads, only city labels on maps.google.com
> >> (http://maps.google.com/maps?ll=37.56,127&t=h&z=14) and on Android
> >> Java maps.

> - 원본 텍스트 보기 -

Ben Appleton

Jul 20, 2010, 1:58:13 AM7/20/10
to google-map...@googlegroups.com
Ah, we've found a bug in this code.  We have fixed the bug and verified that Korean tiles load when you fetch the API from http://maps.google.com/maps/api/js?sensor=TRUE_OR_FALSE&region=kr&language=kr.  This should be released in the next few days.

Thanks
Ben

Hyun Suk Oh

Jul 20, 2010, 1:12:05 PM7/20/10
to google-map...@googlegroups.com
Thank you!
I'll be waiting for the fix to be released :)

Best Regards,
Amaroq