Closure-Compiler Extern File Now Available

Chad Killingsworth

Feb 3, 2010, 2:13:13 PM2/3/10
to Google Maps JavaScript API v3
For those wanting to use Closure-Compiler with a v3 API project, an
extern file is now available.

http://closure-compiler.googlecode.com/svn/trunk/contrib/externs/google_maps_api_v3.js

Chad Killingsworth

Ben Appleton

Feb 3, 2010, 6:16:51 PM2/3/10
to google-map...@googlegroups.com
Cool - looks good. Did you parse that from the reference docs or
write it by hand?

Ben

Chad Killingsworth

Feb 3, 2010, 8:43:01 PM2/3/10
to Google Maps JavaScript API v3
I wrote it by hand. I started back in November and kept expanding it.
The Closure-Compiler project started excepting contributed externs and
so I sent it in. They helped review and clean up the file.

Chad Killingsworth

On Feb 3, 5:16 pm, Ben Appleton <apple...@google.com> wrote:
> Cool - looks good.  Did you parse that from the reference docs or
> write it by hand?
>
> Ben
>
> On Thu, Feb 4, 2010 at 6:13 AM, Chad Killingsworth
>

> <chadkillingswo...@missouristate.edu> wrote:
> > For those wanting to use Closure-Compiler with a v3 API project, an
> > extern file is now available.
>

> >http://closure-compiler.googlecode.com/svn/trunk/contrib/externs/goog...

Daniel Lee

Feb 4, 2010, 6:32:11 PM2/4/10
to google-map...@googlegroups.com
This is great Chad.  Thanks for getting this up.

Let's discuss how we want to maintain this extern file moving forward as new functions are introduced.

Are you simply updating the file maually as new releases go up?  It'd be great to automate this process.
--
Daniel Lee
Developer Programs Engineer

Luke Mahé

Jul 11, 2010, 8:14:05 PM7/11/10
to google-map...@googlegroups.com
Hey Everyone,

Good news! The closure externs file is now being auto generated so Chad can now take a rest :)

The new URL of the externs file is http://closure-compiler.googlecode.com/svn/trunk/contrib/externs/maps/google_maps_api_v3.js and this file will be in sync with the latest version of the Maps API.

We will also be pushing out externs for each major version so you can build against a specific version if you need to. The URL to 3.1 is http://closure-compiler.googlecode.com/svn/trunk/contrib/externs/maps/google_maps_api_v3_1.js

Thanks
-- Luke

Chad Killingsworth

Jul 11, 2010, 10:38:15 PM7/11/10
to Google Maps JavaScript API v3
Awesome!

Chad Killingsworth

On Jul 11, 7:14 pm, Luke Mahé <lu...@google.com> wrote:
> Hey Everyone,
>
> Good news! The closure externs file is now being auto generated so Chad can
> now take a rest :)
>
> The new URL of the externs file ishttp://closure-compiler.googlecode.com/svn/trunk/contrib/externs/maps...
> this file will be in sync with the latest version of the Maps API.
>
> We will also be pushing out externs for each major version so you can build
> against a specific version if you need to. The URL to 3.1 ishttp://closure-compiler.googlecode.com/svn/trunk/contrib/externs/maps...
> >> google-maps-js-a...@googlegroups.com<google-maps-js-api-v3%2B unsub...@googlegroups.com>
> >> .
> >> groups.google.com/group/google-maps-js-api-v3?hl=en.
>
> >> --
>
> > --
> > Daniel Lee
> > Developer Programs Engineer
> > Google, Inc.
> > 345 Spear Street
> > San Francisco, CA 94105
> > 650 253 0967
>
> >  --
> > .

Nianwei Liu

Jul 12, 2010, 9:43:08 AM7/12/10
to Google Maps JavaScript API v3
Out of curiosity, why the static constants are written as a property
of prototype instead of the class itself?

e.g
google.maps.MapTypeControlStyle.prototype.HORIZONTAL_BAR

not
google.maps.MapTypeControlStyle.HORIZONTAL_BAR

is that something the closure compiler wants?

On Jul 11, 8:14 pm, Luke Mahé <lu...@google.com> wrote:
> Hey Everyone,
>
> Good news! The closure externs file is now being auto generated so Chad can
> now take a rest :)
>
> The new URL of the externs file ishttp://closure-compiler.googlecode.com/svn/trunk/contrib/externs/maps...
> this file will be in sync with the latest version of the Maps API.
>
> We will also be pushing out externs for each major version so you can build
> against a specific version if you need to. The URL to 3.1 ishttp://closure-compiler.googlecode.com/svn/trunk/contrib/externs/maps...
>
> Thanks
> -- Luke
> >> google-maps-js-a...@googlegroups.com<google-maps-js-api-v3%2Bunsu...@googlegroups.com>
> >> .
> >> groups.google.com/group/google-maps-js-api-v3?hl=en.
>
> >> --
>
> > --
> > Daniel Lee
> > Developer Programs Engineer
> > Google, Inc.
> > 345 Spear Street
> > San Francisco, CA 94105
> > 650 253 0967
>
> >  --
> > .

Chad Killingsworth

Jul 12, 2010, 10:38:21 AM7/12/10
to Google Maps JavaScript API v3
In an extern file, the two statements are almost equivalent. Extern
files simply define symbols and types.

It would be good if they were marked with @CONST though.

Chad Killingsworth

> > > --
> > > Daniel Lee
> > > Developer Programs Engineer
> > > Google, Inc.
> > > 345 Spear Street
> > > San Francisco, CA 94105
> > > 650 253 0967

Luke Mahé

Jul 12, 2010, 9:29:01 PM7/12/10
to google-map...@googlegroups.com
@const has been added to constants now :)

Should be out when we do the next release.

-- Luke

Xavier Tassin

Oct 25, 2011, 8:30:14 AM10/25/11
to google-map...@googlegroups.com
Hi Luke,

Any chance to see the Google Earth plug-in API to be included (or separately generated)?

Thanks,

Xavier.