http://maps.google.com/maps/suggest API

Casen

Oct 19, 2010, 7:16:28 PM10/19/10
to google-map...@googlegroups.com
I understand the suggest API is not yet supported publicy, however if I have a google auth key, will google allow me to use that api without blocking my ip?

Thanks,

Casen

Thor Mitchell (Google Employee)

Oct 19, 2010, 9:25:48 PM10/19/10
to Google Maps JavaScript API v3
Hi Casen,

Endpoints like this that are used by Google Maps but not documented as
part of the Maps API should be considered private interfaces.
Consequently use of those end points is a breach of the Terms of
Service. In addition any existing API credentials you may have are
completely unrelated to these end points because they are not served
by API infrastructure.

Many thanks,

Thor.

Tee Rinomhota

Dec 31, 2010, 3:33:03 AM12/31/10
to google-map...@googlegroups.com
Hi, just to clarify are you saying we are currently not allowed to use the suggest feature on our websites?

geoco...@gmail.com

Dec 31, 2010, 8:23:01 AM12/31/10
On Dec 31, 3:33 am, Tee Rinomhota <takwir...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi, just to clarify are you saying we are currently not allowed to use the
> suggest feature on our websites?

That is what he is saying.I thought: "Consequently use of those end
points is a breach of the Terms of
Service." was pretty clear.

-- Larry

geoco...@gmail.com

Dec 31, 2010, 8:25:09 AM12/31/10
to Google Maps JavaScript API v3
On Dec 31, 8:23 am, "geocode...@gmail.com" <geocode...@gmail.com>
wrote:
> On Dec 31, 3:33 am, Tee Rinomhota <takwir...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > Hi, just to clarify are you saying we are currently not allowed to use the
> > suggest feature on our websites?
>
> That is what he is saying.

Unless google creates a public API for it or you implement it
yourself. You can't use Google's private interfaces.