point to point distance and driving directions

AM

Jun 9, 2009, 4:33:37 PM6/9/09
to Google Maps JavaScript API v3
Hi,

I have a map I created that lists multiple points on a driving tour
for tourists. I need to also display the mileage between each point
and directions for getting from each point to the next. Can someone
point me towards some examples of this? I want all of the points
plotted at the same time on the map, with maybe the directions listed
below the map for each point to point drive or the overall directions
for getting from point one to the last point.

Thanks,
AM

Barry Hunter

Jun 9, 2009, 6:49:20 PM6/9/09
to google-map...@googlegroups.com
This is not possible in V3 yet. there is no directions functionally.

Have a look at the v2 documentation
http://code.google.com/apis/maps/documentation/services.html#Directions
how to do it there.
http://econym.org.uk/gmaps/
--
Barry

- www.nearby.org.uk - www.geograph.org.uk -

Diego Plentz

Jun 24, 2009, 7:32:07 PM6/24/09
to Google Maps JavaScript API v3
Hey Barry!

Is there any date planned to release the Directions functionality?

On Jun 9, 7:49 pm, Barry Hunter <barrybhun...@googlemail.com> wrote:
> This is not possible in V3 yet. there is nodirectionsfunctionally.
>
> Have a look at the v2 documentationhttp://code.google.com/apis/maps/documentation/services.html#Directions
> how to do it there.http://econym.org.uk/gmaps/
>
> On 09/06/2009, AM <amandaclark...@gmail.com> wrote:
>

> >  Hi,
>
> >  I have a map I created that lists multiple points on a driving tour
> >  for tourists. I need to also display the mileage between each point
> >  anddirectionsfor getting from each point to the next. Can someone

cxb...@yandex.ru

Jul 27, 2009, 7:08:47 AM7/27/09
to Google Maps JavaScript API v3
Yeah. When?
Strong need Directions and StreetView in V3.

On Jun 10, 2:49 am, Barry Hunter <barrybhun...@googlemail.com> wrote:
> This is not possible in V3 yet. there is no directions functionally.
>
> Have a look at the v2 documentationhttp://code.google.com/apis/maps/documentation/services.html#Directions
> how to do it there.http://econym.org.uk/gmaps/

String

Jul 27, 2009, 8:08:11 AM7/27/09
On Jul 27, 12:08 pm, "cxb...@yandex.ru" <cxb...@yandex.ru> wrote:

> Yeah. When?
> Strong need Directions and StreetView in V3.

You won't get an answer to the "when" question here; most of us are no
more Google employees than you are, and the few that are, aren't
permitted to say (if even they know).

If you want to show your support for driving directions in v3, star
this issue:
http://code.google.com/p/gmaps-api-issues/issues/detail?id=1421

As for Street View... That's probably REALLY far out there for v3,
given its stated thin'n'light goals. But there is a feature request
for that too:
http://code.google.com/p/gmaps-api-issues/issues/detail?id=1445

String