Add Multiple Destinations in Google MAP V3

TTA

Dec 21, 2009, 4:50:42 AM12/21/09
to Google Maps JavaScript API v3
Hi All,

is there any way to use/implement Add Destinations(multiple
destinations) in google map V3?

Like we do in V2 for Point1 > Point2 > Point3 > Point4 is

'from:Point1 to: Point 2 to: Point 3';

Google Map V3 does not have it in
http://code.google.com/apis/maps/documentation/v3/reference.html#DirectionsRequest

Please help!!

NicholasCanzoneri

Dec 21, 2009, 3:09:19 PM12/21/09
to Google Maps JavaScript API v3
Not being familiar with V2, V3 does have waypoints that you can pass
to the DirectionsRequest object.

Waypoints are an array of objects in the form documented here:
http://code.google.com/apis/maps/documentation/v3/reference.html#DirectionsWaypoint

> Google Map V3 does not have it inhttp://code.google.com/apis/maps/documentation/v3/reference.html#Dire...
>
> Please help!!

TTA

Dec 22, 2009, 12:48:36 AM12/22/09
to Google Maps JavaScript API v3
Thanks Nicholas

But sorry for the misunderstanding. What I am looking for is to Add
Multiple Destinations not Waypoints. Anyways I have found it in
http://code.google.com/p/gmaps-api-issues/issues/detail?id=1421. It
looks like this feature is not available in V3.

On Dec 22, 1:09 am, NicholasCanzoneri <ac3...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Not being familiar with V2, V3 does have waypoints that you can pass
> to the DirectionsRequest object.
>

> Waypoints are an array of objects in the form documented here:http://code.google.com/apis/maps/documentation/v3/reference.html#Dire...

Ronny Aerts

Dec 22, 2009, 5:22:08 PM12/22/09
to Google Maps JavaScript API v3
Googlemaps version 3 works a bit different with directions that
version 2. In version 3 you need to specify a "origin" and a
"destination" destination in the request to DirectionsService. In
addition to this, like Nicholas explained, there is the extra
"waypoints" functionality.

The directions.php example on http://code.google.com/p/gmaps-api-issues/issues/detail?id=1421
is a bit outdated and does not work anymore.
I modified the example to the current (dec-2009) v3 calls and can be
found on http://www.grasoft.be/mtb/maps/directions.htm. Is this what
you want see?
The origin is '500 Memorial Drive, Cambridge, MA'.
The destionation is '4 Yawkey Way, Boston, MA 02215 (Fenway Park)'.
There are 2 additional points 'Hampshire St, Cambridge, MA' and
'Monsignor Obrien Hwy, Cambridge, MA'.

kind regards,
Ronny Aerts - Belgium

TTA

Dec 24, 2009, 5:52:40 AM12/24/09
to Google Maps JavaScript API v3
Thanks Ronny for your help.

mattia berlusconi

Dec 24, 2009, 6:00:42 AM12/24/09
to google-map...@googlegroups.com
Can I use different travelMode between different waypoints? I want to draw the first part of directions in travelmode and the secondo in walking mode.

Thanks

On Thu, Dec 24, 2009 at 11:52 AM, TTA <touringto...@gmail.com> wrote:
Thanks Ronny for your help.

TTA

Dec 24, 2009, 7:31:46 AM12/24/09
to Google Maps JavaScript API v3
I think this is possible , for an instance

Lets say you are moving from Point A > Point B > Point C you have to
fetch DirectionsResult object for Point A > Point B using
DirectionsTravelMode.DRIVING and Point B > Point C using
DirectionsTravelMode.WALKING. And to plot polyline/path in map use
polyline decoder and retrieve latitudes and longitudes.

Is this helpful?

-Regards
TTA

mattia berlusconi

Dec 24, 2009, 7:43:49 AM12/24/09
to google-map...@googlegroups.com
Yes it is!! But I don't understand how I can plot polyline.

Thanks

mattia berlusconi

Dec 24, 2009, 7:54:08 AM12/24/09
to google-map...@googlegroups.com
What is polyline decoder? I don't find it in the API specification. Sorry but I'm not expert about polylines

Thanks

TTA

Dec 25, 2009, 1:58:33 AM12/25/09
to Google Maps JavaScript API v3