Stopover Property of DirectionsWaypoint

Brian B

Feb 2, 2011, 3:00:40 PM2/2/11
to google-map...@googlegroups.com
I have been trying to figure out exactly what the stopover property does.  The documentation says:

If true, indicates that this waypoint is a stop between the origin and destination. This has the effect of splitting the route into two. This value is true by default. Optional.

I don't understand exactly what it does.  Can anyone assist me?

Martin Matysiak

Feb 2, 2011, 3:11:16 PM2/2/11
to google-map...@googlegroups.com
Take a look at this route: http://goo.gl/maps/OO3n

You can compare this with a Directions Request in the Maps API. You gave three waypoints, namely A, B and C. On the map, every of these waypoints has a marker shown. This is because these points are all stopovers. If the stopover property for point B would be false, then the route would look exactly the same, _but_ there would be no marker where point B is (and in the directions listing there would be no visible break of the route).