Re: [Google Maps API v3] Can the API v3 be used with Google Spreadsheet Source?

Message has been deleted

pamela (Google Employee)

Jul 5, 2009, 8:39:33 AM7/5/09
to google-map...@googlegroups.com
Hi Mickey-

Here's a demo that shows using the Spreadsheets API list feed powering
a v3 mashup:
http://gmaps-samples-v3.googlecode.com/svn/trunk/spreadsheets/mapwithsidebar.html

- pamela

On Mon, Jun 29, 2009 at 10:06 AM, mickey<mmp...@googlemail.com> wrote:

> The API v3 has a better zoom level and I need it to work with a
> spreadsheet feed. Does anyone know how to amend the code. Or have a
> working example of the  API v3 working with a spreadsheet feed?
>
> I almost had it. i had the new style zoom scroller displaying but the
> map itself did not load.
>
> http://www.noexp.co.uk/mapping.html

Gerald

Jul 9, 2009, 12:59:40 PM7/9/09
to Google Maps JavaScript API v3
Hello,

I was using your example to create a v3 mashup and I just discovered
that both your example and mine are not displaying in Internet
Explorer 7. IE 8 works and Firefox 3.x works. Can someone also
confirm this? Is there a solution?

my example: http://www.llu.edu/pages/library/heritage/pathofhistory/google/gmapexample.html

I may have to switch to API v2.

Thank you,

-Gerald Rezes, Loma Linda University Libraries

On Jul 5, 5:39 am, "pamela (Google Employee)" <pamela...@gmail.com>
wrote:
> Hi Mickey-
>
> Here's a demo that shows using the Spreadsheets API list feed powering
> a v3 mashup:http://gmaps-samples-v3.googlecode.com/svn/trunk/spreadsheets/mapwith...
>
> - pamela
>
> On Mon, Jun 29, 2009 at 10:06 AM, mickey<mmp...@googlemail.com> wrote:
>
> > The API v3 has a better zoom level and I need it to work with a
> >spreadsheetfeed. Does anyone know how to amend the code. Or have a

Ben Appleton

Jul 9, 2009, 7:04:51 PM7/9/09
to google-map...@googlegroups.com
That demo contains trailing commas in object literals on lines 43 and
57. Although FireFox allows trailing commas in object and array
literals, browsers such as Internet Explorer do not.

I've reposted the demo without those 2 trailing commas here:
http://ben.appleton.googlepages.com/mapwithsidebar.htm
This works for me in IE7/WinXP.

pamela (Google Employee)

Jul 10, 2009, 10:18:42 PM7/10/09
to google-map...@googlegroups.com
Thanks, Ben, that's correct.

The original demo is now updated with those fixes, and works in IE8 for me: