The Google Maps Help group is an unmoderated forum for discussion
about Google Maps. We encourage you to search for answers, ask
questions, and maybe even share your own advice.
To make the most of your experience in the Google Maps Help Group,
follow these discussion guidelines and tips for using our forum
1. Keep it safe. Remember, your posts can be read by users around the
world. Don't make the mistake of posting personal information of any
kind, especially your passwords, phone number or credit card number.
No Google representative will ever ask for this information in a group
2. Keep it clean. These groups are for users of all ages, so do your
part to keep a lid on the foul language and grouchy attitudes.
3. Keep it on-topic. We reserve the right to delete messages that are
intentionally off-topic -- like commercial advertisements or other
promotional material, spamming/excessive multi-posting, chain letters,
and binary (non-text) postings.
4. Be nice to newbies. Many Google Maps users turn to this group for
advice. Remember to be patient and courteous with all users seeking
help, especially those who are just getting started.
Tips for Using Google Groups
1. Before you post a new question, search or browse for the answer in
the Google Maps Help archive (http://groups.google.com/group/Google-
Maps-Past-Discussions/topics), as well as the Google Maps Help Center
(http://maps.google.com). There's a fair chance your question has been
asked and answered before.
2. Signatures are generally unnecessary when posting to Groups. As
you'll notice, signatures can become repetitive and make the thread
hard to read. If you need to use a signature, keep it short and sweet.
3. In the same spirit, try to keep the quoting of previous posts to a
minimum. Wading through multiple copies of the same post, in the same
thread, can be exasperating.
4. If you need help using Google Groups, just click on the "Help" link
at the top of any page.
NEW: We recently added the ability to post and receive posts via email
for the "Google Maps For Business Owners" subtopic. We hope this
functionality will help Google Maps and Local Business Center
enthusiasts share thoughts and ideas about the product more easily.
Please keep in mind that if you choose to post to this subtopic, all
members set to receive posts via email will see your full email
address. It's also possible that we'll make this feature available for
the other subtopics as well.