Upcoming Change: HTTP Geocoding Requests Must Use Keys

pamela (Google Employee)

Jul 30, 2009, 12:54:55 AM7/30/09
to google-maps...@googlegroups.com, google-maps-api-...@googlegroups.com, google-static-...@googlegroups.com, google-maps-js...@googlegroups.com, google-mapple...@googlegroups.com, Google Maps API, Google Maps API For Flash
Note: If you are only using GClientGeocoder or ClientGeocoder from the JS/Flash APIs, then this message is not relevant to you. This message applies only to users of the HTTP Geocoder documented here: http://code.google.com/apis/maps/documentation/geocoding/

Our system currently permits HTTP Geocoder requests without referers to not provide a valid key. In the next few weeks, we will be making a change that enforces that a
valid key must be provided along with an HTTP Geocoder request. Please ensure that your HTTP Geocoding requests pass a valid key.

Please post in the forums if you have questions about this change.