Upcoming behavior change for GStreetviewPanorama "initialized" event

pamela (Google Employee)

Jul 29, 2009, 12:20:17 AM7/29/09
to google-maps...@googlegroups.com, Google Maps API
The GStreetviewPanorama class currently fires an "initialized" event each time the panorama moves to a new location. The API reference for the event lists this caveat:
"Note: the initialized event is not sent when the panorama is first rendered; this is a known issue and we plan to fix this in a future release.

We plan to have the fix for this in 2.170, so that the "initialized" event will also be fired when the panorama is first rendered. We hope that this will help you have cleaner code for detecting panorama changes.

To test your site with this behavior change, you can wait for the 2.170 release, set your script tag to load "v=2.170", verify that your site works as intended, and then restore the script tag to load "v=2". You might also want to inspect your logic now to see if it makes an assumption that the "initialized" event is not fired on first load.

Please post in the Google Maps API group if you have questions: