Mapplets Deprecation Announcement: 03/19/2010

Daniels Lee™

May 28, 2010, 7:21:54 PM5/28/10
to google-mapple...@googlegroups.com, google-...@googlegroups.com
Last week at Google I/O 2010, we announced Google Maps API v3 as officially graduating from Google Code Labs and becoming the primary version recommended for all new Maps API applications.  In conjunction, we also announced the deprecation of the Maps API v2, which included Mapplets.  Deprecation can be interpreted to mean no further feature development will be planned for both of these APIs.  Per our deprecation policy, we'll continue to maintain and support all Maps API v2 applications and Mapplets for at least the next three years as stated within the Maps API Terms of Service:

Be sure to check out the blog post announcing Maps API v3 graduation for more info:

====

If you have further questions about the future of Mapplets or the deprecation, please post them in the discussion group:

Dann