Map Maker user conference on April 21st

mapmaker guy

Mar 17, 2009, 8:34:42 AM3/17/09
to Google Map Maker
Hello Map Makers everywhere,
The Map Maker team is inviting our finest users to a conference in
Bangalore, India on the 21st of April, 2009. Due to space limitations,
we guarantee a place for any user with more than 300 edits and
moderations. But if you have less and still interested in
participating, please add your details to this spreadsheet in the next
7 days:

http://spreadsheets.google.com/embeddedform?key=pcwh8EWh9Hcs0EinvBjxbMw

The Map Maker team looks forward to hosting you, thanking you for
helping map the world and getting your insights into how we can make
making maps even better.

In addition to meeting your fellow map makers, Googlers both the Map
Maker team and the Google Earth, Maps teams from Mountain View and New
York will be here to meet you.

FYI, do tell your friends that to accompany this event, we also plan
to send out the first Map Maker t-shirt to all users who have more
than 200 edits by the 31st of April, 2009.

Stay tuned to this thread for further details and announcements on
this event.

for the Map Maker team,
mapmaker guy

Chez S

Mar 17, 2009, 9:32:49 PM3/17/09
to google-...@googlegroups.com
Hi Mapmaker Guy,

Many of us from around the world would be happy to be there for this great event, but would not be able to make it. Practically, some (or most) of us are a bit far way to make this trip. Is there a way to follow it online? Say, a live webcast of the event?? I'm sure Google, of all, could think of something!

Regards,
Chez

2009/3/17 mapmaker guy <lali...@gmail.com>

--
===================================
The most common blood type in the community

Donate Blood. Save Lives.
===================================

Prateek

Mar 20, 2009, 5:25:27 AM3/20/09
to Google Map Maker
Interesting! I'd certainly like to attend this, and I live in
Bangalore. However the date is quite unfortunate; Tuesday is my
heaviest day in college in terms of the number of classes, so... I
will decide later.

(Won't a weekday be problematic for most people?)

Looking forward to hearing more details about this.

Also, is having >= 300 edits and < 300 moderations ok?

AM909

Mar 20, 2009, 4:39:39 PM3/20/09
to Google Map Maker
Aside from ~60 hours in the air and > USD1800, I'd like to be there,
too :)

GMM: Please set some time on the agenda for discussion of needed
features, and be able to come away with a priority list of features
that we need badly. It would be nice if such a list were posted here
ahead of time so people could add/comment on it.
Message has been deleted

Prateek

Mar 21, 2009, 2:45:32 PM3/21/09
to Google Map Maker
I can guarantee that on 31st of April, 2009, no user is going to have
more than 200 edits.

Bội

Mar 21, 2009, 9:13:27 PM3/21/09
to Google Map Maker
Good idea!

Sahil Mhaskar

Mar 21, 2009, 2:34:00 PM3/21/09
to Google Map Maker
hi, is there a typo,and so we really going to get t-shirts, or is the
"31st april" there on purpose?

Kaushik Sridharan

Mar 23, 2009, 12:34:47 AM3/23/09
to Google Map Maker
Of course it's a typo. You guys have sharp eyes! :)

-K

On Mar 21, 11:34 pm, Sahil Mhaskar <sahil.sahil.sa...@gmail.com>

Andrew

Mar 24, 2009, 3:06:55 PM3/24/09
to Google Map Maker
It's really good event, and i would be happy to be there (so many
questions ), but as been mentioned before, it is rather hard to get
there. This year i'm limited by Europe and just can't leave it.

I wish every one have good fun and fresh ideas!

Waiting for t-shirt.

Brahma

Mar 25, 2009, 4:12:45 AM3/25/09
to Google Map Maker
hey thats a gr8 news, i will be part of it yeahhhhhh!

nazar hayat

Mar 27, 2009, 1:00:46 AM3/27/09
to Google Map Maker
Greetings

Is it possible to have the discussions on UTUBE for the benefit of
others who are not present.

I know it requires additional effort but I guess it would be very
useful for those who are interested in this venture.

regards

NHK

Rashid خان

Mar 26, 2009, 8:06:16 AM3/26/09
to Google Map Maker
I would love to join you in Banglore.
Do you need my address to send me the ticket :)

If no ticket then I think it would better if we can catch the event
LIVE online and I promise I will wear the Google T-shirt on 21st of
April, 2009 if I have by then.
I hope it is Large size :)

rsanta...@gmail.com

Mar 27, 2009, 2:07:40 AM3/27/09
to Google Map Maker
A mí también me gustaría asistir, pero me queda demasiado lejos, vivo
en Costa Rica. También me gustaría seguir la conferencia vía Internet.