Hi about borders of Pakistan

Faraz Ahmad

Dec 21, 2008, 9:44:38 PM12/21/08
to google-...@googlegroups.com
hi
i am drawing roads in northern areas of Pakistan but Azad Kashmir and some Pakistani areas are disabled but i think your has to correct the disabled area so Pakistani areas affected with this can be mapped like NH5 main road of Pakistan near Jehlum and Kalam valley the 2nd largest valley in Pakistan is disabled. This is serious issue i think mapmaker team map the boundary more precise for Azad Kashmir and allow rest of areas to be mapped
thx
Faraz Ahmad
www.farazilu.com
http://farazilu.blogspot.com

momers

Dec 22, 2008, 6:39:11 AM12/22/08
to Google Map Maker
My question and rant has been that Why has the area of AJK been
blocked for mapping in the first place?

What right does google mapmaker or google have to disable map making
in that region?

Is it the disputed nature? If so then why is Jammu & Kashmir the
indian administered region open for editing and have extensive data?

Or is it that since Google Mapmaker team is based in India they think
they can get away with what They Feel is the correct way to deal with
this problem, i.e. disable editing of the AJK region beacuse of
India's claim on it?

Some one has some explaining to do but unfortunately google mapmaker
team is deliberately keeping mum over it. What a shame!

Read here please
http://groups.google.com/group/google-mapmaker/browse_thread/thread/559a6a5efb1753b1/f426749f20679e70?lnk=gst&q=azad+kashmir#

Prateek

Jan 2, 2009, 12:52:52 PM1/2/09
to Google Map Maker
> What right does google mapmaker or google have to disable map making
> in that region?

Umm... I'm sure they have every right to do so. Start your own web
service, and you too will have the right to decide how it is used.
Message has been deleted

momers

Jan 4, 2009, 3:36:42 PM1/4/09
to Google Map Maker
googlr mapmaker might have that right but when that right is exercised
only by the Indian team of mapmaker then dont you think something is
wrong?

Prateek

Jan 5, 2009, 7:02:20 AM1/5/09
to Google Map Maker

On Jan 5, 1:36 am, momers <mom...@gmail.com> wrote:
> googlr mapmaker might have that right but when that right is exercised
> only by the Indian team of mapmaker then dont you think something is
> wrong?

I'm not saying anything about that. I only said that that they have
the *right* to do so, just like Google has the right to delete
everyone's GMail accounts.

(Yes, I'd like editing to be allowed in all of J&K.)

Faraz Ahmad

Jan 5, 2009, 2:09:13 PM1/5/09
to google-...@googlegroups.com
AJ&K editing is enabled in some areas but its still disabled in many areas and northern areas of Pakistan in cluding Gilgit and Skardu city are still disabled as J&K boundary is not properly drawn and it effect major areas in both AJ&K and Northern Areas.
in AJ&K the major city of Kotli and border city Chakoti are also disabled bcz of this.

nhk

Jan 8, 2009, 12:51:25 AM1/8/09
to Google Map Maker
It is not only AJ & K, there are large parts of country which are
blanketed for Editting. I find it commonly in Punjab. - after every
about 100 miles in interior Punjab.

But I guess we should look at the brighter side. Pakistan could have
totally disallowed any Map Making due to various reasons such as
security etc.

NHK

On Jan 6, 12:09 am, "Faraz Ahmad" <faraz...@gmail.com> wrote:
> AJ&K editing is enabled in some areas but its still disabled in many areas
> and northern areas of Pakistan in cluding Gilgit and Skardu city are still
> disabled as J&K boundary is not properly drawn and it effect major areas in
> both AJ&K and Northern Areas.in AJ&K the major city of Kotli and border city
> Chakoti are also disabled bcz of this.
> Faraz Ahmadwww.farazilu.comhttp://farazilu.blogspot.com

جabran

Jan 8, 2009, 7:56:23 AM1/8/09
to Google Map Maker
I would highly recommend that this disabled are should be enabled as
soon as possible and it should not be disputed between the personal
and emotional words war. Let's just map the homeland as it is
basically beneficial to people living there. Looking forward to GMM
team to enable the editing in this area in near future. Cheers

momers

Jan 9, 2009, 5:40:08 AM1/9/09
to Google Map Maker
Dear NHK, can you specify what Punjab you are talking about? Is it the
Indian or the Pakistani Punjab that you are referring to?

And an Update: Editing in Azad Kashmir, the region administered by
Pakistan is now open and the huge polygon which disabled editing in
the regions is now gone. FINALLY!

So now im interested in seeing if more regions like you mention have
editing disabled.