Directions launched on Google Map Maker

Sree Unni

Feb 24, 2009, 8:35:13 AM2/24/09
to Google Map Maker
Dear Map Makers,

You may have seen the flurry of activity on Map Maker in recent days.

Today we are excited to announce the launch of yet another feature
that many of you have been patiently waiting and eagerly demanding :-)

We just enabled "Get Directions" on Google Map Maker, built on all the
comprehensive road data that you have contributed in the past few
months.

Launching Directions on Map Maker has many reasons - we can quickly
notice broken roads, wrong attributes disconnected localities, etc and
we can fix them efficiently. We hope that this would enable all of us
to create better and much more useful maps with this.

We have a quick guide up at http://sites.google.com/site/mapmakeruserhelp/using-directions.

As usual, your feedback is very valuable and we will continue to make
this better for all of us.

Regards
Sree
For Google Map Maker

momers

Feb 24, 2009, 8:50:17 AM2/24/09
to Google Map Maker
Brilliant! keep em coming!

On Feb 24, 6:35 pm, Sree Unni <sreejithu...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Dear Map Makers,
>
> You may have seen the flurry of activity on Map Maker in recent days.
>
> Today we are excited to announce the launch of yet another feature
> that many of you have been patiently waiting and eagerly demanding :-)
>
> We just enabled "Get Directions" on Google Map Maker, built on all the
> comprehensive road data that you have contributed in the past few
> months.
>
> Launching Directions on Map Maker has many reasons - we can quickly
> notice broken roads, wrong attributes disconnected localities, etc and
> we can fix them efficiently. We hope that this would enable all of us
> to create better and much more useful maps with this.
>
> We have a quick guide up athttp://sites.google.com/site/mapmakeruserhelp/using-directions.

kezzyhomeros

Feb 24, 2009, 6:38:40 PM2/24/09
to Google Map Maker
thanks, it was really needed.
keep it coming guys...

Bội

Feb 24, 2009, 10:16:54 PM2/24/09
to Google Map Maker
Interesting!
However, It seems that this new function works on an old snapshot of
data. When getting direction, the result uses old address of feature,
deleted intersection.
Please check!

On Feb 24, 8:35 pm, Sree Unni <sreejithu...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Dear Map Makers,
>
> You may have seen the flurry of activity on Map Maker in recent days.
>
> Today we are excited to announce the launch of yet another feature
> that many of you have been patiently waiting and eagerly demanding :-)
>
> We just enabled "Get Directions" on Google Map Maker, built on all the
> comprehensive road data that you have contributed in the past few
> months.
>
> Launching Directions on Map Maker has many reasons - we can quickly
> notice broken roads, wrong attributes disconnected localities, etc and
> we can fix them efficiently. We hope that this would enable all of us
> to create better and much more useful maps with this.
>
> We have a quick guide up athttp://sites.google.com/site/mapmakeruserhelp/using-directions.

Nisar Ahmed

Feb 25, 2009, 5:12:34 AM2/25/09
to google-...@googlegroups.com
This is a great feature but I noticed the link to view in google earth is missing as it use to appear in google maps.

Are you planning to add this feature to mapmaker as well?

Nisar Ahmed

Feb 25, 2009, 5:12:34 AM2/25/09
to google-...@googlegroups.com
This is a great feature but I noticed the link to view in google earth is missing as it use to appear in google maps.

Are you planning to add this feature to mapmaker as well?

Nisar Ahmed

Prateek

Feb 25, 2009, 7:52:25 AM2/25/09
to Google Map Maker
Good to see these new features! I hope long standing bugs and
usability issues get sorted out soon, too. Do keep us posted.

PrasadSM

Feb 26, 2009, 12:17:50 AM2/26/09
to Google Map Maker
The directions given utilise a road that had been deleted and does not
appear in the grahic image, but the route is shown along that. The
data used is not same as that ion the map obviousy

PrasadSM

Feb 26, 2009, 2:35:29 AM2/26/09
to Google Map Maker
The directions indicate to proceed thru on a road that becomes oneway
- no entry- at that point.

Andrew

Feb 28, 2009, 7:10:43 PM2/28/09
to Google Map Maker
Hi! Here is what i found.
check direction from
164а, Ponfilov Street, Бишкек, Bishkek, Chuskaya Oblast, Кыргызстан,
720040. @42.871488,74.600014
@42.868794,74.624012

As you can see it goes towards one way road (there is only one 2 way
section near by turn to Gogol street). When i tried to fix first
crossroad (Panfilov|Toktogul) i'we got grey crossed marker, as i
understand, google engilne recognized this crossroad correctly, and
understands, that driver shouldn't turn to the right. But it still
draws way right by Togtogul street, although should use Kievskaya or
Moskovskaya streets.

Cheers!

Andrew

Mar 1, 2009, 9:19:57 AM3/1/09
to Google Map Maker
And one more addition related to this.
There is street, named Panfilov street . First was added building #164-
a , then i found that there is typo in street name (there was
Ponfilov), so i changed it to correct. But, as you can see from my
previos post, address still renders for this bulding with typo in
street name.
So, is there any way to reset or flush this old name, and what to do
in future, if sth. same happens ?