Mapping Military Installations in Lahore Cantt

momers

Jul 1, 2008, 1:51:49 AM7/1/08
to Google Map Maker
Should we be mapping these or not...most of the locations are visible
on the road if u drive around and have identification boards such as
10div HQ, ISPR Office...etc....

What is the standard practice here from a national security and safety
point of view?

Any one willing to give ISPR a call and clarifying? If the areas are
not too critical then they can be mapped. Sensitive installations can
be left unmarked.

I also saw the PAF airbase highlighted next to the old terminal
building of Lahore airport and was wondering if that is a good
idea..even though its not an operational base in the sense that no
front line aircraft get housed there.

sami jan

Jul 1, 2008, 2:06:18 AM7/1/08
to google-...@googlegroups.com
I dont see a prob in this really

Usman Raza

Jul 3, 2008, 4:12:18 PM7/3/08
to Google Map Maker
If you called ISPR they would probably say NO. But I think at best you
should only put gross marks instead of indicating exact area and
details. I'm quite sure that those who would like to have such data
will not turn to google maps.

Usman