Please create a profile

MapMaker Guide

Jun 26, 2009, 4:58:10 AM6/26/09
to Google Map Maker
Hi,
We would like to take a moment to encourage everyone using Map Maker
to create a profile for their id. Creating a profile would enhance the
mapping experience of everyone and allow easier moderation of
everyone's edits.

Creating a profile is simple and easy. You can create/edit your
profile here: http://www.google.com/profiles/ under 'View your
profile'. You can suitably anonymize yourself by selecting a nickname
and the same will be displayed in the history tab of your edits. Map
Maker also displays the profile names of the people who contributed
the most data in a particular region at the bottom right corner of the
page.

Please note that creating a profile does not display your email id
publicly.

Regards,
Map Maker Guide.

جabran

Jun 26, 2009, 12:03:06 PM6/26/09
to google-...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

It is great that at least there is some official encouraging announcement made at last. I would like to point your attention to one very important thing that not each and every user comes to this forum/group. It might be a good idea to stick this with a link to this suggestion at the top of the left side panel or anywhere on Map Maker main page suitable for you guys. Also making the link to this group more prominent will make users interaction more easy.

Cheers
Regards,
جabran
www.dyzynz.net

ANT [UKRAINE]

Jun 28, 2009, 6:10:46 AM6/28/09
to Google Map Maker
FOR ALL:

http://www.google.com/profiles/me THIS IS YOU PROFILE LINK :-)

exalmple:
this is my (ANT) profile
http://www.google.com/profiles/velmyshanovnyi

On Jun 26, 11:58 am, MapMaker Guide <mapmakergu...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>  We would like to take a moment to encourage everyone using Map Maker
> to create a profile for their id. Creating a profile would enhance the
> mapping experience of everyone and allow easier moderation of
> everyone's edits.
>
> Creating a profile is simple and easy. You can create/edit your
> profile here:http://www.google.com/profiles/under 'View your

Ravi Chhabra

Aug 9, 2009, 6:20:14 PM8/9/09
to Google Map Maker
Hello MapMaker Guide,
I clicked your profile and I get:
This person has not created a profile.
:D

On Jun 28, 4:10 pm, "ANT [UKRAINE]" <velmyshanov...@gmail.com> wrote:
> FOR ALL:
>
> http://www.google.com/profiles/me  THIS IS YOU PROFILE LINK :-)
>
> exalmple:
> this is my (ANT) profilehttp://www.google.com/profiles/velmyshanovnyi

MapMaker Guide

Aug 11, 2009, 2:22:47 AM8/11/09
to Google Map Maker
Hi Ravi,
Thanks for your concern. Actually I was referring to the profile on
Google MapMaker. But, now that you have brought this up, I have
created a profile for Google Groups also :)

Regards,
MapMaker Guide.

James Arthur

Sep 15, 2011, 12:18:44 PM9/15/11
to google-...@googlegroups.com
Actually having a profile problem... HELP :)  I have a full Google Profile thats visible in search and uses the nickname field.  But my profile in GMM shows as Anonymous!?  So all my comments show as Anonymous... how can I fix this??

Serge

Sep 15, 2011, 3:34:08 PM9/15/11
to google-...@googlegroups.com
Hi James!

Go to Google Places --> "Rate and share places on Google" click [Start rating] --> On the subheader panel click on the link near Google Places logo --> On the left panel click [Edit name and photo] --> In the new window "Set your public Google Places" enter your favorite Nickname and click [Save].