Adding "Saudi Arabia"

Khaled A.

Jun 29, 2008, 5:44:44 AM6/29/08
to Google Map Maker
Please have a look at this map
http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&hl=en&geocode=&q=saudi+arabia&safe=on&ie=UTF8&ll=24.656612,46.69241&spn=0.047661,0.088577&t=h&z=14

as you can see the data is very much inaccurate and extremely limited.
There's a major interest in adding Saudi Arabia maps by the community
and we would like google to add saudi arabia to the editable regions
list.

thank you

Essam

Jun 29, 2008, 12:45:34 PM6/29/08
to Google Map Maker
I agree with Khaled, if detailed maps won't be added, let the
community start building it.

On Jun 29, 12:44 pm, "Khaled A." <saudiga...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Please have a look at this maphttp://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&hl=en&geocode=&q=saudi+arabia&safe=on...

zsafwan

Jun 29, 2008, 4:53:19 PM6/29/08
to Google Map Maker
Google Earth maps has some street data that's not available in Google
Maps web site.

When will the data available on GE will be available maps.google.com?

Why google has a limit on which country data is editable by the
community, the current data is very old even the one available on GE.
the community can help with the update and we are willing to update
with actual GPS tracks to help plot most of the missing street and
update and correct the wrong and outdated data.

we like how Google work with the community to improve on the map data
available and would like to to be able to this on Saudi Arabia map
data.

Google please look into this and include Saudi Arabia in the list of
countries to the editable regions list on Google Map Maker.

Thanks

Khaled A.

Jul 8, 2008, 6:17:37 AM7/8/08
to Google Map Maker
Yes please, we are tired of looking at no data at all, at least allow
the Google map users to make the data!

Thank you

Badr Mutairy

Jul 8, 2008, 8:51:12 AM7/8/08
to Google Map Maker
I don't agree
Google has nothing to gain from updating maps in Saudi
will there be any businesses advertising in Saudi maps?

I say leave it as it is until a couple of years then check back and
see if the private sector discovered the internet and its advertising
power

btw, even the Saudi government does not know where most of the streets
end and begin

Essam

Jul 8, 2008, 9:20:26 AM7/8/08
to Google Map Maker
Bader,

Assuming what u say is right (which is not), We are not asking google
to add maps :)
we are asking them to LET us do the work and add the maps.

Khaled A.

Jul 8, 2008, 12:40:53 PM7/8/08
to Google Map Maker
Badr is just cranky as he always is. But some of what he said is
true :)

Garmin is selling Saudi Arabia maps as 2007 and somehow, it misses a
major road that was there since 2005...

akhn...@gmail.com

Jul 8, 2008, 5:35:24 PM7/8/08
to Google Map Maker
I agree with you guys
we should be able to update them
this will increase the correctness of the maps

Steinninn

Jul 9, 2008, 9:42:02 AM7/9/08
to Google Map Maker
I see the Map Maker as a test by Google. They are trying out a
handfull of countries and if it works well, then they will add more
countries.

Khaled A.

Aug 9, 2008, 6:38:22 PM8/9/08
to Google Map Maker
Yes, I am aware of that, I just want to catch google's attention cause
no one else is doing anything about it, which is a shame in this day
and age

A_S_A

Aug 23, 2008, 1:06:36 AM8/23/08
to Google Map Maker
Interesting, Why is Saudi Arabia excluded...

On Jun 29, 5:44 am, "Khaled A." <saudiga...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Please have a look at this maphttp://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&hl=en&geocode=&q=saudi+arabia&safe=on...

Cool Runnings

Aug 23, 2008, 3:52:30 AM8/23/08
to google-...@googlegroups.com
Hi all,

If you'd like to request an additional country be added to Google Map
Maker please click on the "Submit feedback" link in the upper right-
hand corder of the Google Map Maker window:
http://www.google.com/mapmaker

Cheers
Aj

PS. Noted on a thread where there was request for Greece to be made available . . .

Khaled A.

Sep 6, 2008, 6:19:55 AM9/6/08
to Google Map Maker
Thank you, Cool Runnings, I will do that.

Google recently added a more detailed Saudi map (source is navteq) but
even that is out of date (the blame is on navteq for this) an example
is:
http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&hl=en&geocode=&q=riyadh&ie=UTF8&ll=24.704284,46.653872&spn=0.012106,0.022616&t=h&z=16
that road has been there for over 3 years now ..

I already submitted the correction 2 times (first one was over a month
ago) to Navteq via their website
http://mapreporter.navteq.com/dur-web-external/secured/submitDur.do?userType=CONSUMER&language=en
and they did not fix it apparently... this is even more reason to add
map maker..