Azad Kashmir or Pakistani Administered Kashmir editing blocked?!

momers

Sep 4, 2008, 2:58:21 AM9/4/08
to Google Map Maker
Dead Google,

Why am I unable to edit parts of Azad Jammu and Kashmir aka AJK and
Northern Areas aka NA's in the Pakistan administered region of Kashmir
(the eastern side of the Line of Control (LoC))??

There is a white translucent polygon covering that entire Azad Kashmir
and NA's region when you zoom in enough. At the highest zoom levels i
can select the editing tools but clicking on the region does not
initiate any edits?!

http://www.google.com/mapmaker?gw=10&ll=33.140426,73.622818&spn=0.346694,0.752563&t=h&z=11

Even the city place marks are not available in the Azad Kashmir region
on the Pakistan side, cities like Mirpur and Muzaffarabad. But on the
flip side the Indian Administered Kashmir aka Jammu Kashmir is quite
extensively mapped.

It appears to me that regional politics has taken a front seat here.
If this is so, then this is most unfortunate and least expected of
Google.

AJK or Azad Kashmir is an officially recognized region with the Line
of Control demarcating the border between the Pakistani and Indian
administered regions of Kashmir. Then why this selective treatment is
being administered to the Pakistani administered side is a serious
question and would require an official explanation from Google and the
Mapmaker team.

Thank you!

Naveed Abbas

Sep 10, 2008, 4:03:58 AM9/10/08
to Google Map Maker
Thats what i am curious about, why cant we edit the Pakistan side of
kashmir