Fix the Mandriva repositories

Anssi Hannula

Jun 6, 2008, 8:26:14 AM6/6/08
to Google Linux Repositories Help - Google Linux Repositories Basics
Hi!

The Mandriva/urpmi repositories are incomplete, and one cannot use
them with recent Mandriva Linux versions. At least MD5SUM file
(contains md5sums for hdlist and synthesis files) is missing.

I don't know how you are generating the urpmi/hdlist files, but these
options exist:
a) Simply generate MD5SUM using md5sum command, i.e.
md5sum *hdlist.cz > MD5SUM
b) Use genhdlist2 to generate the lists, it creates MD5SUM
automatically. It can also be used (--xml-info) to generate xml info
files as used by Mandriva 2008.1 (without them 2008.1 does not show
descriptions, filelists and changelogs).
http://svn.mandriva.com/cgi-bin/viewvc.cgi/soft/rpm/rpmtools/trunk/
http://svn.mandriva.com/svn/soft/rpm/rpmtools/trunk/

--
Anssi Hannula
Volunteer Mandriva Linux developer

Nicolas Giannetta

Jun 12, 2008, 8:27:38 PM6/12/08
to Google Linux Repositories Help - Google Linux Repositories Basics
I second that. I want to use a Google repository on Mandriva 2008.1.
Please update compatibility.

On Jun 6, 8:26 am, Anssi Hannula wrote:
> Hi!
>
> The Mandriva/urpmi repositories are incomplete, and one cannot use
> them with recent Mandriva Linux versions. At least MD5SUM file
> (contains md5sums for hdlist and synthesis files) is missing.
>
> I don't know how you are generating the urpmi/hdlist files, but these
> options exist:
> a) Simply generate MD5SUM using md5sum command, i.e.
> md5sum *hdlist.cz > MD5SUM
> b) Use genhdlist2 to generate the lists, it creates MD5SUM
> automatically. It can also be used (--xml-info) to generate xml info
> files as used by Mandriva 2008.1 (without them 2008.1 does not show
> descriptions, filelists and changelogs).http://svn.mandriva.com/cgi-bin/viewvc.cgi/soft/rpm/rpmtools/trunk/http://svn.mandriva.com/svn/soft/rpm/rpmtools/trunk/

Google Linux Repositories Guide

Jun 20, 2008, 1:48:10 PM6/20/08
to Google Linux Repositories Help - Google Linux Repositories Basics
Thank you for the detailed problem report. Last night's repository
update should fix this problem, and also adds the XML info files used
by recent Mandriva releases. Please let us know if there are still any
issues.

Google Linux Repositories Guide