Canon RAW files have a pink/magenta overlay

Charles Dyson

Aug 17, 2009, 6:03:42 PM8/17/09
to Google-Labs-Picasa-for-Linux
I've recently installed Picasa3 for Linux. Everything was working
beautifully until I started importing some RAW files (extension CR2)
from my new Canon 500D. Unfortunately, although the initial thumbnails
look okay, once the images are refined they have a pink or magenta
colour. Presumably the colour channels are mixed up in the new raw
format.

Has anyone else had this problem and does anyone know if a fix is in
the works?

I can send a sample RAW file if it is of help.

Many thanks,

Charlie

BrettHeadley

Aug 22, 2009, 9:20:29 PM8/22/09
to Google-Labs-Picasa-for-Linux
I'm having the exact same problem. I've been googling the problem all
day and am trying Spyder 3 in an effort to get around this problem.
When I open the pic in photoshop, it looks okay, but in Picasa it's
magenta and when I use Picasa to convert CR2 to JPG, it turns it into
a magenta image. Frustrating.

MakaniMike

Aug 26, 2009, 5:31:47 PM8/26/09
to Google-Labs-Picasa-for-Linux
I get the same thing. I'd much prefer using picasa to Lightroom...
> I can send a sampleRAWfile if it is of help.
>
> Many thanks,
>
> Charlie

Ashley

Sep 6, 2009, 4:06:49 PM9/6/09
to Google-Labs-Picasa-for-Linux
I have the same problem (thumbnails ok, camera-generated JPGs ok, but
JPGs generated from the CR2 using dcraw / ufraw / whatever are all
magenta) ... here are some sample files:

http://www.agc.selfip.org/~ashley/flower.html

Has anyone found any solutions?

Ashley.