Gdata basics

Fritz

Apr 16, 2008, 2:40:07 AM4/16/08
to Google Data API
hi there!

i'm new to the gdata api an wanted to try it out. in my particular
case i want to come along with java and read the basics for this api
at http://code.google.com/support/bin/answer.py?answer=78455&topic=12022;
well i tried out the code but get an error :

Sure the authentication must be done by using https etc. i dont know
what actually goes wrong i thought the api will handle the
authentication process.

Exception in thread "main"
com.google.gdata.util.AuthenticationException: Error connecting with
login URI
at
com.google.gdata.client.GoogleAuthTokenFactory.getAuthToken(Unknown
Source)
at
com.google.gdata.client.GoogleAuthTokenFactory.setUserCredentials(Unknown
Source)
at com.google.gdata.client.GoogleService.setUserCredentials(Unknown
Source)
at com.google.gdata.client.GoogleService.setUserCredentials(Unknown
Source)
at CalendarTest.main(CalendarTest.java:19)
Caused by: java.net.SocketException:
java.security.NoSuchAlgorithmException: Error constructing
implementation (algorithm: Default, provider: SunJSSE, class:
sun.security.ssl.DefaultSSLContextImpl)
at
javax.net.ssl.DefaultSSLSocketFactory.throwException(SSLSocketFactory.java:
197)
at
javax.net.ssl.DefaultSSLSocketFactory.createSocket(SSLSocketFactory.java:
217)
at
sun.net.www.protocol.https.HttpsClient.afterConnect(HttpsClient.java:
384)
at
sun.net.www.protocol.https.AbstractDelegateHttpsURLConnection.connect(AbstractDelegateHttpsURLConnection.java:
186)
at
sun.net.www.protocol.http.HttpURLConnection.getOutputStream(HttpURLConnection.java:
850)
at
sun.net.www.protocol.https.HttpsURLConnectionImpl.getOutputStream(HttpsURLConnectionImpl.java:
251)
at
com.google.gdata.client.GoogleAuthTokenFactory.makePostRequest(Unknown
Source)
... 5 more
Caused by: java.security.NoSuchAlgorithmException: Error constructing
implementation (algorithm: Default, provider: SunJSSE, class:
sun.security.ssl.DefaultSSLContextImpl)
at java.security.Provider$Service.newInstance(Provider.java:1263)
at sun.security.jca.GetInstance.getInstance(GetInstance.java:237)
at sun.security.jca.GetInstance.getInstance(GetInstance.java:165)
at javax.net.ssl.SSLContext.getInstance(SSLContext.java:143)
at javax.net.ssl.SSLContext.getDefault(SSLContext.java:86)
at javax.net.ssl.SSLSocketFactory.getDefault(SSLSocketFactory.java:
120)
at
javax.net.ssl.HttpsURLConnection.getDefaultSSLSocketFactory(HttpsURLConnection.java:
345)
at javax.net.ssl.HttpsURLConnection.<init>(HttpsURLConnection.java:
303)
at
sun.net.www.protocol.https.HttpsURLConnectionImpl.<init>(HttpsURLConnectionImpl.java:
86)
at sun.net.www.protocol.https.Handler.openConnection(Handler.java:62)
at sun.net.www.protocol.https.Handler.openConnection(Handler.java:57)
at java.net.URL.openConnection(URL.java:970)
... 6 more
at java.io.Reader.<init>(Reader.java:79)
at java.io.InputStreamReader.<init>(InputStreamReader.java:73)
at
sun.security.provider.CertBundleKeyStoreImpl.engineLoad(CertBundleKeyStoreImpl.java:
142)
at java.security.KeyStore.load(KeyStore.java:1202)
at
sun.security.ssl.TrustManagerFactoryImpl.getCacertsKeyStore(TrustManagerFactoryImpl.java:
221)
at
sun.security.ssl.DefaultSSLContextImpl.getDefaultTrustManager(DefaultSSLContextImpl.java:
88)
at
sun.security.ssl.DefaultSSLContextImpl.<init>(DefaultSSLContextImpl.java:
58)
Method)
at
sun.reflect.NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance(NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.java:
57)
at
sun.reflect.DelegatingConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance(DelegatingConstructorAccessorImpl.java:
45)
at java.lang.reflect.Constructor.newInstance(Constructor.java:539)
at java.security.Provider$Service.newInstance(Provider.java:1239)
... 17 more

Fritz

Apr 17, 2008, 5:24:33 AM4/17/08
to Google Data API
Hello !? nobody ? help ?

On 16 Apr., 08:40, Fritz <fritz.gasch...@gmail.com> wrote:
> hi there!
>
> i'm new to the gdata api an wanted to try it out. in my particular
> case i want to come along with java and read the basics for this api
> athttp://code.google.com/support/bin/answer.py?answer=78455&topic=12022;
> sun.net.www.protocol.https.AbstractDelegateHttpsURLConnection.connect(Abstrac...
> 186)
> at
> sun.net.www.protocol.http.HttpURLConnection.getOutputStream(HttpURLConnection...
> 850)
> at
> sun.net.www.protocol.https.HttpsURLConnectionImpl.getOutputStream(HttpsURLCon...

Jeff Fisher (Google)

Apr 17, 2008, 12:29:51 PM4/17/08
to Google Data API
Hi Fritz,

What version of the JRE / JDK do you have installed? It seems like
JSSE isn't configured correctly.

Cheers,
-Jeff

Fritz

Apr 18, 2008, 2:32:51 AM4/18/08
to Google Data API
Hi!

thanks for your message i really appreciate your help.

well im using ubuntu with icedtea 7, eclipse as ide and the compiler
is set to version 6 for the project in my workspace.

i tried to create a new project for testing purposes. and realized
that if i want to create a javproject the ide complains about the fact
that the workspace uses jdk 1.4 with compiler compliance level 6.
actually i'am working on a mashup using Jboss seam hibernate etc. well
but there didn't come up any issues about the jdk!

cu

On 17 Apr., 18:29, "Jeff Fisher (Google)" <api.jfis...@google.com>

Fritz

Apr 18, 2008, 3:52:47 AM4/18/08
to Google Data API
There some things to add:

i now changed the jre execution to v 1.6 java sun SE (icedTea 7) :-
( bad, didn't work either!

Jeff Fisher (Google)

Apr 18, 2008, 4:17:55 PM4/18/08
to Google Data API
Hi Fritz,

Hmm reading up some about IcedTea, it seems like this is based around
the OpenJDK. I would guess that they didn't include the RSA code since
I believe that is still under export restrictions and sort of weird
license-wise.

Unfortunately, we can't really provide support for JDK versions other
than the official one from Sun on http://java.sun.com/

Cheers,
-Jeff

Fritz

Apr 19, 2008, 9:02:05 AM4/19/08
to Google Data API
Hi Jeff!

;-) i installed the proprietary version of java and now all works
fine! thanks a lot now i can rumble on !
best wishes ... till next time ... hehehe !

see ya!