Guice wins Jolt Award!

limpb...@gmail.com

Mar 5, 2008, 11:51:18 PM3/5/08
to google-guice
Congratulations Bob, Kevin and the rest of the Guice team! Guice beat
out rival Spring and several other worthy projects to win the 2008
Jolt award for libraries and tools.

It was great to see the guys win - they deserve to be recognized for
their hard work.

The award is also good news for Google's open source effort. It
confirms Guice as a top-tier open source project, and encourages them
to invest more in open source. Plus, the award should help to put some
momentum into the development of Guice 2.0.

I'm looking forward to seeing Kevin & Bob's picture in an upcoming
issue of Dr. Dobb's Journal. In the picture, they're holding the
award: a giant can of Jolt encased in lucite. The award may also be
recognized on one of the Google blogs.

Robby O'Connor

Mar 6, 2008, 12:11:42 AM3/6/08
to google...@googlegroups.com
Amazing job guys! :)

Stuart McCulloch

Mar 6, 2008, 12:21:21 AM3/6/08
to google...@googlegroups.com
On 06/03/2008, Robby O'Connor <robby....@gmail.com> wrote:

Amazing job guys! :)

neat! - congrats to the Guice team, it's well deserved

Josh McDonald

Mar 6, 2008, 1:15:17 AM3/6/08
to google...@googlegroups.com
Hoorays!

Take *that*, guice skeptics =)

-J
--
"Therefore, send not to know For whom the bell tolls, It tolls for thee."

:: Josh 'G-Funk' McDonald
:: 0437 221 380 :: jo...@gfunk007.com

Bob Lee

Mar 6, 2008, 2:10:44 AM3/6/08
to google...@googlegroups.com
I still can't believe it. That was so awesome!

Dhanji R. Prasanna

Mar 6, 2008, 2:45:42 AM3/6/08
to google...@googlegroups.com
Yay--congratulations!

Dhanji.

Robby O'Connor

Mar 6, 2008, 3:03:37 AM3/6/08
to google...@googlegroups.com
By the way Bob, i watched your Google Tech Tlk on Guice recently -- good
job!

Bob Lee wrote:
> I still can't believe it. That was so awesome!

IvanoBulo

Mar 6, 2008, 3:43:26 AM3/6/08
to google-guice
Great answer to those who are asking "Is Guice dead?"! :)

Congratulations to all the Guice team! And to us, those who are using
Guice. Let's make Guice even better altogether!

Logan Johnson

Mar 6, 2008, 8:52:02 AM3/6/08
to google...@googlegroups.com
Sweet, congratulations!

All the more catalyst for the ecosystem that's growing around Guice.

Alen Vrečko

Mar 6, 2008, 1:12:16 PM3/6/08
to google-guice
Nice!

Now you can write Guice is an _award winning_ lightweight dependency
injection framework :)

Kevin Bourrillion

Mar 6, 2008, 3:11:56 PM3/6/08
to google...@googlegroups.com
Thanks to everyone for the sentiments!  We were truly shocked -- I mean, we certainly believe in Guice 100% but we never expected it to be recognized in this way in the community so soon.

Though Bob and I got to have the pleasure of going up on stage and accepting the award, Guice 1.0 is heavily indebted to a lot of people.  I can't name you all, but I'm thinking about our early adopters in Google, who helped steer us on the right course (people like Jesse Wilson, Zorzella, Laura Werner, Peter Epstein), our boss at the time, Kevin Thompson, who quite amazingly gave us the latitude to build Guice, and everyone who helped popularize Guice through their excellent blog entries (Brian Slesinsky comes to mind, but there have been many).

Plus all the people I'm snubbing right now. :-(  I'm sorry about that.

I'm very happy about the community that's grown.  It's quite clear that Guice 2.0 will be indebted to a very large number of people indeed!

here's to next year!