Gin 1.5 released

Peter Schmitt

Feb 21, 2011, 8:56:52 PM2/21/11
to Gin
Hi all,

took me a week but it's finally done: Gin 1.5 has been built, documented and uploaded, you can start using it!

This release brings some major new features to Gin, such as AsyncProviders, AssistedInject and JSR330 compatibility. There are also plenty of bug fixes and better error reporting included.

As previously discussed, this release contains two compiled and source versions, one for use with GWT 2.2.1 and before and one for GWT 2.2.0 and later.

Thank you all for your contributions, your questions and support! Let's keep making Gin better. :)

Peter

PS: Considering the current speed of development, Gin 2.0 should be coming out much sooner than in a year.

Philippe Beaudoin

Feb 22, 2011, 12:26:59 AM2/22/11
to googl...@googlegroups.com
Congratulations on the release! And thanks for all the hard work. I'm happy to see the speed pick up on that project as, IMHO, it's one of the greatest external tool for GWT.

I look forward to contributing even more to Gin 2.0.

al

Feb 22, 2011, 6:23:47 AM2/22/11
to google-gin
Hi Peter,
Thanks very much for this release.
Can you confirm when it is/will be available in a maven repository?
Thanks.

Christian Goudreau

Feb 22, 2011, 11:41:22 AM2/22/11
to googl...@googlegroups.com
Congratulation !

Nice work and we love Gin !

Cheers,

Christian Goudreau

Pierre

Feb 22, 2011, 2:31:33 PM2/22/11
to google-gin
Hi Peter,

Congratulation and thanks for your great work.

Pierre

On Feb 22, 11:41 am, Christian Goudreau <goudreau.christ...@gmail.com>
wrote:
> Christian Goudreauwww.arcbees.com- Hide quoted text -

George Moschovitis

Feb 24, 2011, 2:09:52 AM2/24/11
to googl...@googlegroups.com
Congrats for the release!

-g.

Jeff Chimene

Feb 24, 2011, 10:30:36 AM2/24/11
to googl...@googlegroups.com
Hi Peter:

I cannot seem to figure out how to read the Javadoc w/o installing. Or, is that the only way to read it?

Cheers,
jec