need to start it several times

wf

Mar 29, 2009, 12:37:19 PM3/29/09
to google-gadgets-for-linux-user
Hello all,

Recently, when I open the application it gets closed right away. I
need to open it several times until it finally stays opened. Is anyone
facing the same issue? Is there any logs I could check? Thanks in
advance.

I'm using Ubuntu 8.04, Google Gadgets 0.10.5 (GTK) and 2 google
gadgets (Google Calendar Gadget 1.0.0.1 and Gmail 1.0.0.2)

Cheers,
wf

Xianzhu Wang

Mar 29, 2009, 8:56:17 PM3/29/09
to google-gadgets...@googlegroups.com
Please try to run it from the command line ('ggl-gtk' in a console) and see what it prints.

wf

Mar 30, 2009, 10:41:17 PM3/30/09
to google-gadgets-for-linux-user
Hello Xianzhu,

Here is the output when running it from the console:
wf@wf-laptop:~$ /usr/bin/ggl-gtk
/home/wf/.themes/Dust/gtk-2.0/gtkrc:709: error: unexpected identifier
`highlight_ratio', expected character `}'
--> here it starts loading the calendar gadget and then ...
ggl-gtk: ath.c:184: _gcry_ath_mutex_lock: Assertion `*lock ==
((ath_mutex_t) 0)' failed.
Aborted
wf@wf-laptop:~$

As mentioned previously, I need to start the application several times
until it finally stays opened (with no assertion error).
Regards,
wf

On Mar 29, 8:56 pm, Xianzhu Wang <phnix...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Please try to run it from the command line ('ggl-gtk' in a console) and see
> what it prints.

Xianzhu Wang

Mar 30, 2009, 10:50:43 PM3/30/09
to google-gadgets...@googlegroups.com
This is caused by a bug in gnutls which is the backend of libcurl. The workaround is to install a libcurl with openssl backend.

wf

Mar 31, 2009, 10:41:23 PM3/31/09
to google-gadgets-for-linux-user
Thanks Xianzhu, i've installed libcurl4-openssl and that did the
trick.

On Mar 30, 10:50 pm, Xianzhu Wang <phnix...@gmail.com> wrote:
> This is caused by a bug in gnutls which is the backend of libcurl. The
> workaround is to install a libcurl with openssl backend.

Bootch

May 9, 2009, 11:57:37 AM5/9/09
to google-gadgets-for-linux-user
Sorry im pretty new to ubuntu. I have the same problem. How do you
install libcurl4-openssl?
I know probly a dumb question but any help would be nice. Thanks

Xianzhu Wang

May 10, 2009, 10:39:23 PM5/10/09
to google-gadgets...@googlegroups.com
If you are using a binary package of gglinux built with libcurl4-openssl-dev, you can use it normally.
To see which openssl library the binary package is, use:
ldd /usr/lib/google-gadgets/modules/curl-xml-http-request.so|grep libcurl
If you see libcurl.so.4, your binary will use libcurl with openssl backend. If you see libcurl-gnutls.so.4, your binary will use libcurl with gnutls backend.

If you are building your own binary from source code, you can follow the HowToBuild guide: http://code.google.com/p/google-gadgets-for-linux/wiki/HowToBuild
You will see how to install the required packages for build in the guide.