Silly Problem: CSS drop down menu goes behind GE Plugin div, z-index is no help

dmgreer

Nov 20, 2008, 2:06:31 AM11/20/08
to KML Developer Support - Google Earth Browser Plugin
I have a css drop down menu that goes behind the GE Plugin div so you
can only see the first 4 or 5 in a list of 40 or 50. I tried setting
the z-index, but that doesn't work. Will I have to just move the menu
over to the side where it won't collide with GE Plugin?

Example page: http://3dskimaps.com/arapahoe/ge

Roman N

Nov 20, 2008, 5:37:12 PM11/20/08
to KML Developer Support - Google Earth Browser Plugin
Hi dmgreer,

You could do that, or employ the IFRAME shim technique as per the
comments in this public feature request:

http://code.google.com/p/earth-api-samples/issues/detail?id=9

- Roman

dmgreer

Nov 23, 2008, 5:48:54 PM11/23/08
to KML Developer Support - Google Earth Browser Plugin
Thanks for the info. After examining the link you provided, I decided
to just move the menu for now. Maybe later I'll get around to the
IFRAME shim.