AuthSub JS - Invalid Response From Server

16 afișări
Accesați primul mesaj necitit

Bobby

necitită,
12 nov. 2009, 01:08:1812.11.2009
– Google Data Javascript Client
I'm getting the following error when AuthSubbing:
Could not sign in, invalid response from server. Please try again.

This is from different apps, is this an outage or did something
change?

BTW, good to know that there's a Google Code project and group for the
GData JS API. Expect plenty of feedback.

Bobby

Bobby

necitită,
12 nov. 2009, 12:53:4712.11.2009
– Google Data Javascript Client
Has someone else confirmed this issue? I'm seeing it with different
accounts, different apps and samples and different domains.

Bobby

Kumaravel Kandasami

necitită,
12 nov. 2009, 13:02:2412.11.2009
– google-data-ja...@googlegroups.com
Yes. It is happening currently.

Error: Could not sign in, invalid response from server. Please try again.

Kumar    _/|\_
www.saisk.com
ku...@saisk.com
"making a profound difference with knowledge and creativity..."

monsur

necitită,
12 nov. 2009, 13:19:3612.11.2009
– Google Data Javascript Client
We are investigating this issue now and I'll post an update as we
learn more.

Thanks,
Monsur

On Nov 12, 1:02 pm, Kumaravel Kandasami
<kumaravel.kandas...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Yes. It is happening currently.
>
> Error: Could not sign in, invalid response from server. Please try again.
>
> Kumar    _/|\_www.saisk.com
> ku...@saisk.com
> "making a profound difference with knowledge and creativity..."

Kumaravel Kandasami

necitită,
12 nov. 2009, 13:30:2612.11.2009
– google-data-ja...@googlegroups.com
Thank you Monsur.

You might already be also aware that the javadocs is also down:
http://code.google.com/apis/gdata/docs/jsdoc/

Also, this brings an issue that I would like you as well as the group to help me - is currently the google.accounts.user.login() method does not take any failure callback method as well as we could not wrap the method around a try{} catch{} block because it a two step process - so it doesn't really work in the case.

Currently the code fails in LOGGING_IN and there is no way to notify (or at-least I am not aware) our clients that the Google Service is down.

Is there any techniques that we could put in our code to handle these failures gracefully - rather page stops in the middle of the login process.

Kumar    _/|\_
www.saisk.com

ku...@saisk.com
"making a profound difference with knowledge and creativity..."

monsur

necitită,
12 nov. 2009, 13:39:1212.11.2009
– Google Data Javascript Client
The following links to the docs should work:

http://code.google.com/apis/gdata/jsdoc/

Is that other link documented somewhere? I'm also looking into the
error handling issue with authentication. Thanks!

On Nov 12, 1:30 pm, Kumaravel Kandasami
<kumaravel.kandas...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Thank you Monsur.
>
> You might already be also aware that the javadocs is also down:http://code.google.com/apis/gdata/docs/jsdoc/
>
> Also, this brings an issue that I would like you as well as the group to
> help me - is currently the google.accounts.user.login() method does not take
> any failure callback method as well as we could not wrap the method around a
> try{} catch{} block because it a two step process - so it doesn't really
> work in the case.
>
> Currently the code fails in LOGGING_IN and there is no way to notify (or
> at-least I am not aware) our clients that the Google Service is down.
>
> Is there any techniques that we could put in our code to handle these
> failures gracefully - rather page stops in the middle of the login process.

Kumaravel Kandasami

necitită,
12 nov. 2009, 13:42:5612.11.2009
– google-data-ja...@googlegroups.com
Thanks Monsur for the quick response.

Yes the other link is documented on the "Audience" section of:
http://code.google.com/apis/gdata/docs/js.html

Thanks for looking into the login error handing.

Kumar    _/|\_
www.saisk.com

ku...@saisk.com
"making a profound difference with knowledge and creativity..."

Bobby

necitită,
12 nov. 2009, 14:23:0012.11.2009
– Google Data Javascript Client
I agree that it would be useful to have an error handler on
google.accounts.user.login().

I think there's an effect that allows you to trap this error. When
using google.load to load GData, if you supply a callback to
google.load (as specified in the google.load docs) the callback will
interfere with GData so that google.gdata.onLoad() isn't triggered,
and you have to call it manually from the callback. This might give
you a chance to insert error handling:

var cb = function () {
try {
google.gdata.onLoad();
} catch(x) {
alert("Error authenticating.");
}
}
google.load('gdata', '2.0', {callback: cb});

Of course not a long term solution but might be a starting point.

Bobby

On Nov 12, 1:42 pm, Kumaravel Kandasami
<kumaravel.kandas...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Thanks Monsur for the quick response.
>
> Yes the other link is documented on the "Audience" section of:http://code.google.com/apis/gdata/docs/js.html
>
> Thanks for looking into the login error handing.

monsur

necitită,
12 nov. 2009, 18:59:2212.11.2009
– Google Data Javascript Client
Just a quick update: The issue has been identified and should be fixed
by 8pm EST. It was a server-side issue that was causing valid AuthSub
tokens to be rejected.

Bobby

necitită,
12 nov. 2009, 20:58:1212.11.2009
– Google Data Javascript Client
Thanks, it's back in business.

Bobby

Bobby

necitită,
27 dec. 2009, 01:52:5627.12.2009
– Google Data Javascript Client
Monsur, this error is back. Can you take a look?

Bobby

monsur

necitită,
28 dec. 2009, 11:22:1328.12.2009
– Google Data Javascript Client

Bobby

necitită,
28 dec. 2009, 16:06:1628.12.2009
– Google Data Javascript Client
It's working now, i think the problem was on my side, involving the
image required by AuthSubJS - i had moved the image file to a
different path and forgot to update the image tag. The error message
was the same: Could not sign in, invalid response from server. Please
try again.

Sorry for the misdiagnosis. :)

Bobby

On Dec 28, 11:22 am, monsur <mon...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Are you still seeing this issue?  The following sample worked for me:
>

> http://gdata-javascript-client.googlecode.com/svn/trunk/samples/core/...

Răspundeți tuturor
Răspundeți autorului
Redirecționați