Regarding accessing contacts of a particular group.

sudhir...@gmail.com

Nov 26, 2008, 12:44:35 AM11/26/08
to Google Contacts API
hi,

I am trying to retrieve contacts of each individual group. To retrieve
the contacts I am doing the following steps:

> first of all i am retreiving the GroupsFeed.
> For each GroupsEntry in GroupsFeed.Entries
>Creating a ContactsQuery
>Setting the Gorup property of ContactsQuery to the
ID.AbsoluteUri property of GroupEntry.
>trying to get the ContactsFeed

but the ContactsFeed that is being returned is null.

Reason behind this is found in Google API's ContactService.cs.
Whenever we try to retrieve ContactsFeed after setting the Group
property of the ContactsQuery (to the GroupID of the Group whose
contacts we are trying to retreive) we are getting GroupsFeed rather
than ContactsFeed, which is then typecasted as ContactsFeed and thus
resulting in null.

How can I resolve this problem??

Thanks

Sudhir Kumar

Supergibbs

Nov 26, 2008, 12:51:31 AM11/26/08
to Google Contacts API

sudhir...@gmail.com

Nov 26, 2008, 5:36:51 AM11/26/08
to Google Contacts API
Hi,

Thanks for the information.But using this I am able to retreive only
those contacts that are in the groups created by me and I am unable to
retreive the contacts that resides in google default groups viz. My
Contacts and Suggested Contacts since GroupsFeed returned by Google do
not contains the ID of default Google default contact groups.

How can I get the ID of the Google default contact groups??

Thanks & Regards

Sudhir Kumar

On Nov 26, 10:51 am, Supergibbs <jesse.man...@gmail.com> wrote:
> See my previous post
>
> http://groups.google.com/group/google-contacts-api/browse_thread/thre...
> > Sudhir Kumar- Hide quoted text -

Julian (Google)

Dec 1, 2008, 11:41:42 AM12/1/08
to Google Contacts API
Hi,

Unfortunately the getGroupMembershipInfo is not available at the
moment for My Contacts and Suggested Contacts. I can't give any more
information besides that at this time. However, if you'd like to be
kept informed about any developments on this, please star this issue:

http://code.google.com/p/gdata-issues/issues/detail?id=677

Cheers,
Julian

On Nov 26, 10:36 am, "sudhiratc...@gmail.com" <sudhiratc...@gmail.com>