Chrome Frame Enabled but not working

mmiocev

Jul 2, 2010, 3:08:52 PM7/2/10
to Google-chrome-frame
Hi we installed Chrome Frame logged in with an administrator windows
account. IE version 8.0. After install, we logged back in with a
regular user account that is locked down somewhat. Now when we go to
a website with the GCF metaframe it doesn't work. When we right click
we don't see the "About Chrome Frame". IE shows that Chrome Frame is
enabled.

From an "outside" computer with GCF installed and go to the same page
it does show the "About Google Frame".

Any suggestions?

Thanks

Amit Joshi

Jul 3, 2010, 11:53:21 AM7/3/10
to google-ch...@googlegroups.com
Please try out the following:
  1. From the limited user account, in Internet Explorer, type in the address bar: gcf:about:version  If you don't see the version page then there's some issue with the installation. most likely the BHO is not installed/enabled for the limited user. I would go into 'Manage Addons' from Tools menu in IE and verify that Chrome Frame BHO is installed and enabled
  2. If you see the version page then Google Chrome Frame is installed correctly. Try it with an existing site like http://www.meebo.com or http://www.vimeo.com to see if it loads in Chrome Frame.
Thanks for trying out Google Chrome Frame and let me know how it goes.

mmiocev

Jul 5, 2010, 1:50:16 PM7/5/10
to Google-chrome-frame
Thank you. We do see the version when we try gcf:about:version but
when we even go to www.meebo.com we don't see the "About Chrome Frame"
when right clicking on page. We also disabled McAfee without any
success. Please help!!!

Thanks

On Jul 3, 11:53 am, Amit Joshi <a...@chromium.org> wrote:
> Please try out the following:
>
>    1. From the limited user account, in Internet Explorer, type in the
>    address bar: gcf:about:version  If you don't see the version page then
>    there's some issue with the installation. most likely the BHO is not
>    installed/enabled for the limited user. I would go into 'Manage Addons' from
>    Tools menu in IE and verify that Chrome Frame BHO is installed and enabled
>    2. If you see the version page then Google Chrome Frame is installed
>    correctly. Try it with an existing site likehttp://www.meebo.comor
>    http://www.vimeo.comto see if it loads in Chrome Frame.
>
> Thanks for trying out Google Chrome Frame and let me know how it goes.
>

> On Fri, Jul 2, 2010 at 12:08 PM, mmiocev <mmiocev...@travcom.ca> wrote:
> > Hi we installed Chrome Frame logged in with an administrator windows
> > account.  IE version 8.0.  After install, we logged back in with a
> > regular user account that is locked down somewhat.  Now when we go to
> > a website with the GCF metaframe it doesn't work.  When we right click
> > we don't see the "About Chrome Frame".  IE shows that Chrome Frame is
> > enabled.
>
> > From an "outside" computer with GCF installed and go to the same page
> > it does show the "About Google Frame".
>
> > Any suggestions?
>
> > Thanks
>
> > --
> > .

Abc

Jul 5, 2010, 8:41:24 PM7/5/10
to Google-chrome-frame
Same plobem here, i just posted another discussion:plz search 'Abc' it
should be there

On Jul 5, 2:50 pm, mmiocev <mmiocev...@travcom.ca> wrote:
> Thank you.   We do see the version when we try gcf:about:version but
> when we even go towww.meebo.comwe don't see the "About Chrome Frame"
> when right clicking on page.  We also disabled McAfee without any
> success.  Please help!!!
>
> Thanks
>
> On Jul 3, 11:53 am, Amit Joshi <a...@chromium.org> wrote:
>

> > Please try out the following:
>
> >    1. From the limited user account, in Internet Explorer, type in the
> >    address bar: gcf:about:version  If you don't see the version page then
> >    there's some issue with the installation. most likely the BHO is not
> >    installed/enabled for the limited user. I would go into 'Manage Addons' from
> >    Tools menu in IE and verify that Chrome Frame BHO is installed and enabled
> >    2. If you see the version page then Google Chrome Frame is installed
> >    correctly. Try it with an existing site likehttp://www.meebo.comor
> >    http://www.vimeo.comtosee if it loads in Chrome Frame.

mmiocev

Jul 5, 2010, 10:28:05 PM7/5/10
to Google-chrome-frame
Abc - The site I have enabled to work with Chrome Frame works from
other computers with IE 8 and chrome frame installed but not on some
computers.

On Jul 5, 8:41 pm, Abc <niquito.larig...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Same plobem here, i just posted another discussion:plz search 'Abc' it
> should be there
>
> On Jul 5, 2:50 pm, mmiocev <mmiocev...@travcom.ca> wrote:
>

> > Thank you.   We do see the version when we try gcf:about:version but
> > when we even go towww.meebo.comwedon't see the "About Chrome Frame"
> > when right clicking on page.  We also disabled McAfee without any
> > success.  Please help!!!
>
> > Thanks
>
> > On Jul 3, 11:53 am, Amit Joshi <a...@chromium.org> wrote:
>
> > > Please try out the following:
>
> > >    1. From the limited user account, in Internet Explorer, type in the
> > >    address bar: gcf:about:version  If you don't see the version page then
> > >    there's some issue with the installation. most likely the BHO is not
> > >    installed/enabled for the limited user. I would go into 'Manage Addons' from
> > >    Tools menu in IE and verify that Chrome Frame BHO is installed and enabled
> > >    2. If you see the version page then Google Chrome Frame is installed
> > >    correctly. Try it with an existing site likehttp://www.meebo.comor
> > >    http://www.vimeo.comtoseeif it loads in Chrome Frame.

Amit Joshi

Jul 6, 2010, 8:35:56 PM7/6/10
On Mon, Jul 5, 2010 at 10:50 AM, mmiocev <mmioc...@travcom.ca> wrote:
Thank you.   We do see the version when we try gcf:about:version but
when we even go to www.meebo.com we don't see the "About Chrome Frame"
when right clicking on page.  We also disabled McAfee without any
success.  Please help!!!
Good.  Since gcf:about:version works, Chrome Frame is installed properly and functioning with a limited user.  Now, the issue could be with either the meta tag detection or the header detection. If the web site using HTML meta tag, is it possible for you to test with the meta http header as described here: http://www.chromium.org/developers/how-tos/chrome-frame-getting-started#TOC-Making-Your-Pages-Work-With-Google-

mmiocev

Jul 7, 2010, 11:06:07 PM7/7/10
to Google-chrome-frame
I'm happy to report we found the issue. There's a setting in IE to
"enable third party browser extensions" under Advanced tab in options.
If this is not enabled, GCF won't run. Once we checked it, its running
fine. Something for you kb. In the future, you might want to check
that this setting is enabled on install and prompt user to turn it on.

On Jul 6, 8:35 pm, Amit Joshi <a...@chromium.org> wrote:
> On Mon, Jul 5, 2010 at 10:50 AM, mmiocev <mmiocev...@travcom.ca> wrote:
> > Thank you.   We do see the version when we try gcf:about:version but
> > when we even go towww.meebo.comwe don't see the "About Chrome Frame"
> > when right clicking on page.  We also disabled McAfee without any
> > success.  Please help!!!
>
> Good.  Since gcf:about:version works, Chrome Frame is installed properly and
> functioning with a limited user.  Now, the issue could be with either the
> meta tag detection or the header detection. If the web site using HTML meta
> tag, is it possible for you to test with the meta http header as described
> here:http://www.chromium.org/developers/how-tos/chrome-frame-getting-start...
> ?
>

> > Thanks
>
> > On Jul 3, 11:53 am, Amit Joshi <a...@chromium.org> wrote:
> > > Please try out the following:
>
> > >    1. From the limited user account, in Internet Explorer, type in the
> > >    address bar: gcf:about:version  If you don't see the version page then
> > >    there's some issue with the installation. most likely the BHO is not
> > >    installed/enabled for the limited user. I would go into 'Manage
> > Addons' from
> > >    Tools menu in IE and verify that Chrome Frame BHO is installed and
> > enabled
> > >    2. If you see the version page then Google Chrome Frame is installed
> > >    correctly. Try it with an existing site likehttp://www.meebo.comor
> > >    http://www.vimeo.comtosee if it loads in Chrome Frame.
>
> > > Thanks for trying out Google Chrome Frame and let me know how it goes.

> > bsc...@googlegroups.com>

dun...@gmail.com

Apr 11, 2012, 6:40:07 AM4/11/12
to google-ch...@googlegroups.com
simply says: it does not work. i tried with 2PCs

Alex Russell

Apr 17, 2012, 9:45:47 AM4/17/12
to google-ch...@googlegroups.com
What, exactly, does "locked down somewhat" mean in this context? Have
you considered installing the per-user version instead?