MSI download now available.

Robert Shield

Jul 15, 2010, 9:18:25 PM7/15/10
to google-ch...@googlegroups.com
The Chrome Frame team is excited to announce the immediate availability of an MSI installer for Google Chrome Frame. The MSI installer will help expand the reach of Chrome Frame to those who need a standalone installer due to network restrictions or to better integrate with their deployment infrastructure. The MSI bundles together both the full version of Google Chrome Frame as well as the Google Update service used to keep Chrome Frame up-to-date and secure.

The MSI installer is designed to be run silently (using the /q switch to msiexec.exe) and as such has a very minimal UI if you run it directly. As with the regular Chrome Frame installer, administrative privileges are required to install using the MSI.

Please test it out, and send us your feedback. The MSI installer is a work in progress, and we'd love to incorporate your ideas and suggestions. The MSI can be downloaded by navigating to

and selecting "Accept and Install".

Best Regards,
Robert

CarlB

Jul 16, 2010, 3:45:26 PM7/16/10
to Google-chrome-frame
Awesome this get it one step closer to being ready for the enterprise.

When will Google Apps support ChromeFrame as Vimeo.com and others do?

Carl B

macaw

Aug 24, 2010, 1:18:22 AM8/24/10
to Google-chrome-frame
Hi Robert
I ran this and it installed version 5.0.375.62 of Chrome Frame which
is older than the version we are currenlty running.
Will this be updated regularly or is there a way of getting the MSI
installer for other versions of Chrome Frame?

Thanks

Robert Shield

Aug 31, 2010, 8:53:27 PM8/31/10
to google-ch...@googlegroups.com
Hi macaw,

  The MSI install will still be updated regularly, so you should get updated to the latest version fairly quickly.

  We'll be pushing out updates to the MSI in sync with the regular releases within the next couple of release cycles.

Best Regards,
Robert

Greg Thompson

May 29, 2013, 1:14:18 PM5/29/13
to google-ch...@googlegroups.com
On Wed, May 29, 2013 at 11:58 AM, <smurp...@gmail.com> wrote:
Any chance of a standalone installer that doesn't need admin privelages (like the non-standalone version)??

We have an open issue for this (http://crbug.com/111058), but haven't made any progress on it to date. Feel free to star that issue to keep up to date with it.

Thanks,
Sam