Remote debugging protocol docs?

Paul Irish

Feb 14, 2011, 1:57:14 AM2/14/11
to Google Chrome Developer Tools
I was speaking to a WebOS developer last night and learned that WebOS
is actually just a lite version of Chromium.

He was inquiring about the debugging protocol (which I believe is
different from the v8 protocol, right?).

I've lost track of where the docs are (and think the protocol changed
recently). Can you point me in the right direction?

Paul Irish

Feb 14, 2011, 2:02:19 AM2/14/11
to Google Chrome Developer Tools

pfeldman

Feb 18, 2011, 12:58:22 AM2/18/11
to Google Chrome Developer Tools
In fact, we are deprecating this one in favor of a new web inspector
protocol we are working on upstream. As of today, the best way to
learn the new protocol is to sniff messages via running chrome with --
remote-debugging-port=9222 and connecting to the target browser from
another Chrome instance. Stay tuned and we'll publish the new protocol
soon.

On Feb 14, 10:02 am, Paul Irish <paulir...@google.com> wrote:
> Ah. Got it.http://code.google.com/p/chromedevtools/wiki/ChromeDevToolsProtocol

t...@creationix.com

Feb 18, 2011, 12:40:31 PM2/18/11
to google-chrome-...@googlegroups.com
I'm not too interested in the specifics of the protocol itself since I intend to use a chrome instance as my client.  Mainly I just need to make sure my webkit people who build our custom webkit have enough docs and pointers to pull in the changes from chrome.