Unable to save

Inês

Jul 28, 2009, 12:29:34 PM7/28/09
to Google Chart API
I am also having problems saving the map with numbered pins.
Went I try to save it says "Unable to contact server."
What can I do?
Thanks in advance for the help.
Regards,
Ines

KeithB

Jul 28, 2009, 5:02:56 PM7/28/09
to Google Chart API
We should clarify that map icons created with the Chart API

- load fine in a browser when typed into the address bar

- load fine when used in a Google Maps API V2 (haven't tested V3) map

- appear to load fine when used as a custom marker inside a My Maps
generated map, but as people have mentioned when you attempt to save
this type of map you get an error.

For example, using the Add Icon option within the edit Placemark info
window and specifying the following URL's:
* http://maps.google.com/mapfiles/kml/pal3/icon33.png - works fine,
you can save the map
* http://www.google.com/chart?chst=d_map_pin_letter&chld=A|FF0000|000000
- does not work, map will not save

This may be a My Maps issue or a Chart API issue or both.

Hopefully this will help clear things up. There have been a lot of "it
doesn't work" posts without many details...

Cheers,