Charts over HTTPS

Ben Maurer

Dec 6, 2007, 1:27:18 PM12/6/07
to Google Chart API
Hi,

I'd like to use the charts API over SSL -- for example, to allow a
server status page that displays over ssl to show a chart, or for
stock charts. Adwords seems to use the chart API over ssl

The IP address for chart.apis.google.com already has a SSL cert for
*.google.com but the files returned give redirects to www.google.com.

Alternatively, URLs like:

https://www.google.com/chart?cht=lc&chs=200x125&chd=s:helloWorld

seem to work just fine. Are we allowed to simply use the URL to refer
to the chart?

Uwe Maurer

Dec 7, 2007, 1:26:51 PM12/7/07
to Google Chart API

On Dec 6, 7:27 pm, Ben Maurer <ben.mau...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I'd like to use the charts API over SSL -- for example, to allow a
> server status page that displays over ssl to show a chart, or for
> stock charts. Adwords seems to use the chart API over ssl

Unfortunately https is currently not supported by the API.

> https://www.google.com/chart?cht=lc&chs=200x125&chd=s:helloWorld
>
> seem to work just fine. Are we allowed to simply use the URL to refer
> to the chart?

Please use only chart.apis.google.com to request the charts.

Thanks,
Uwe

uncle

Dec 19, 2007, 6:32:26 PM12/19/07
to Google Chart API
I need this too or else I get the "some content came from an unsecured
page" warning in the browser. Come on google, it seems to work, how
about making it "official"???

Adam Greene

Jan 13, 2008, 2:51:32 AM1/13/08
to Google Chart API
Hi Uwe,
++1 to this one. I need this one as well.

thanks,
Adam

On Dec 19 2007, 3:32 pm, uncle <akt...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I need this too or else I get the "some content came from an unsecured
> page" warning in the browser. Come on google, it seems to work, how
> about making it "official"???
>
> On Dec 7, 12:26 pm, Uwe Maurer <uwe.mau...@google.com> wrote:
>
> > On Dec 6, 7:27 pm, Ben Maurer <ben.mau...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > > I'd like to use the charts API over SSL -- for example, to allow a
> > > server status page that displays over ssl to show a chart, or for
> > > stock charts. Adwords seems to use the chart API over ssl
>
> > Unfortunatelyhttpsis currently not supported by the API.

dykstra

Jan 22, 2008, 1:46:52 AM1/22/08
to Google Chart API
I had the same problem and found a workaround: I am programming in
ASP.NET C# and in my code-behind I get the chart from Google, save it
to a local file, then set my image URL in the page I send to the
browser to point to the saved file on my own server. In global.asax I
periodically check file info in the folder where I put these in order
to delete any files older than 30 minutes. The code to get the file
and save it locally I found here:

http://geeknotes.wordpress.com/2008/01/10/saving-a-possibly-binary-file-from-a-url-in-c/

For file names I use a new GUID to ensure there are no duplicates.
Tom

On Jan 12, 11:51 pm, Adam Greene <adam.gre...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi Uwe,
> ++1 to this one. I need this one as well.
>
> thanks,
> Adam
>
> On Dec 19 2007, 3:32 pm, uncle <akt...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > I need this too or else I get the "some content came from an unsecured
> > page" warning in the browser. Come on google, it seems to work, how
> > about making it "official"???

Jason Hoekstra

Jan 22, 2008, 1:49:43 PM1/22/08
to Google Chart API
This is a great solution until Google gets their domain under HTTPS.
Thanks for it!

On Jan 22, 1:46 am, dykstra <dyks...@u.washington.edu> wrote:
> I had the same problem and found a workaround: I am programming in
> ASP.NET C# and in my code-behind I get the chart from Google, save it
> to a local file, then set my image URL in the page I send to the
> browser to point to the saved file on my own server. In global.asax I
> periodically check file info in the folder where I put these in order
> to delete any files older than 30 minutes. The code to get the file
> and save it locally I found here:
>
> http://geeknotes.wordpress.com/2008/01/10/saving-a-possibly-binary-fi...

Dan Lapoint

Feb 26, 2014, 10:26:16 AM2/26/14
to google-c...@googlegroups.com
PB, thank you!

On Thursday, June 14, 2012 10:11:58 AM UTC-5, PB wrote:
You want to use;

https://chart.googleapis.com/chart

With the same parameter list that you currently have;