GeoMap US State Level View?

Jason

Jan 8, 2011, 7:15:53 PM1/8/11
to Google Chart API
When viewing the Map Overlay of web traffic using Google Analytics,
you can drill down to a US State level. I am struggling to implement
the same "zoom" level using the GeoMap available via the google charts
api. The documentation indicates that the maps support the ISO 3166
format, and link to the wikipedia table for ISO 3166-1; ISO 3166-2 has
the state designation I am looking to use (e.g. US-OH would represent
Ohio) - however this doesn't appear to work with the google map api.

At first blush I would assume that this means it isn't supported, but
as it appears to be supported in the version being utilized for Google
Analytics, I was curious if there is another way to represent the
state codes when designating regions? Or is this feature not
accessible in the "public" release of google charts? If the later, is
there a roadmap for it's inclusion?

ChartALot

Jan 9, 2011, 8:53:21 AM1/9/11
to google-c...@googlegroups.com
Hi,
Indeed, province level and DMA level maps of specific province (e.g., US-CA) are only available for internal use.

We are likely to change that in the future, but I can't commit to any specific release / date.