Status of the Linux client?

Erik Hjortsberg

Mar 24, 2010, 9:48:47 AM3/24/10
to google-breakpad-discuss
Hi, I'm wondering about the status of the Linux client. On the wiki it
says that it's "under review". What does that mean? Is the api stable?
What hardware platforms is it working on?

The reason I'm asking is that I'm with a project called Worldforge
where one of the suggested tasks for this years Summer of Code is
integrating Breakpad with one of our clients.
http://wiki.worldforge.org/wiki/Summer_of_Code#Integrate_the_Google_Breakpad
However, as our main both development and target platform is Linux I
need to know the status of Breakpad on Linux actually makes this
currently possible.

sincerely Erik Hjortsberg
Worldforge developer

Daniel Aquino

Mar 24, 2010, 9:56:15 AM3/24/10
to google-brea...@googlegroups.com
I believe that breakpad on linux should work fine.

I don't think that windows had a prebuilt gui either...

You can simply create your own crash ui and deployment solution.

Ted Mielczarek

Mar 24, 2010, 10:14:02 AM3/24/10
to google-brea...@googlegroups.com, erik.hj...@gmail.com
On Wed, Mar 24, 2010 at 9:48 AM, Erik Hjortsberg <erik.hj...@gmail.com> wrote:
Hi, I'm wondering about the status of the Linux client. On the wiki it
says that it's "under review". What does that mean? Is the api stable?
What hardware platforms is it working on?

Hi Erik,

I guess our wiki is out of date! The Linux client is fully functional on x86, x86-64, and ARM. We just recently landed some changes to support dumping DWARF symbols, as well.

The client code is shipping in things like Firefox and Chrome on all three major supported platforms (Windows, OS X, Linux), so it's generally in pretty good shape. Our documentation is not always up-to-date, as is probably the case with all projects. The wiki page here is probably our best bet for an overview:
http://code.google.com/p/google-breakpad/wiki/GettingStartedWithBreakpad

-Ted

Erik Hjortsberg

Mar 24, 2010, 10:17:24 AM3/24/10
to google-breakpad-discuss
Thanks for the quick answer. And also precisely what I wanted to
hear. :)

/Erik

On 24 mar, 15:14, Ted Mielczarek <ted.mielcza...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Wed, Mar 24, 2010 at 9:48 AM, Erik Hjortsberg

Daniel Aquino

Sep 9, 2010, 4:43:07 PM9/9/10
to google-brea...@googlegroups.com
I would like to see breakpad for mingw though.

at least for me a goal is to compile using gcc everywhere.