Spike in 500 errors across most Documents List API clients

Vic Fryzel

Jan 3, 2012, 11:45:47 AM1/3/12
to google-apps-apis...@googlegroups.com, google-docum...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

We are currently witnessing a widespread increase in HTTP 500 responses to many Documents List API requests.  An HTTP 500 response from the API indicates a failure on the part of the API, and not in your client code.  We know exactly what the problem is, and expect to have it resolved in the next few minutes.  I'll post back here as soon as the problem is fixed.

Thanks!
-Vic

Vic Fryzel

Jan 3, 2012, 11:57:42 AM1/3/12
to google-apps-apis...@googlegroups.com, google-docum...@googlegroups.com
We have just pushed a fix, and things should be returning to normal.  I'll post here again in a few minutes to confirm that things are all set.

-Vic

Vic Fryzel

Jan 3, 2012, 12:03:50 PM1/3/12
to google-apps-apis...@googlegroups.com, google-docum...@googlegroups.com
Hello again,

Things are now back to normal.

The problem was that the Documents List API hit an internal rate limit with another internal service.  We have increased the rate limit with the internal service, and are taking some other measures to prevent this from happening again.

Thanks for your patience!
-Vic