Does GCS in GAE standard development server still work for you?

PK

Aug 11, 2017, 2:53:01 AM8/11/17
to Google Cloud Insiders, Google App Engine
In the past month or so I have noticed that the GCS on the dev server has stopped working. I see many messages of this kind when I try to create a file:

ERROR 2017-08-10 23:40:25,126 module.py:918] Request to '/_ah/gcs/<<path>>’ failed

Has anybody noticed similar behavior. The only changes I can think of are the latest SDKs and upgrade to a later version of ubuntu that has python 2.7.12 as the default.

Production works fine...

Thanks,
PK

Yannick (Cloud Platform Support)

Aug 11, 2017, 10:10:40 AM8/11/17
to Google App Engine, google-clo...@googlegroups.com
Hello PK, as this sounds like an issue with the product, would you mind creating an issue for it on our issue tracker? Include as many relevant details as you can such as the filenames that are failing, the configuration of your application and the code you are using to try and create the object.

PK

Aug 11, 2017, 12:23:15 PM8/11/17
to Yannick (Cloud Platform Support), Google App Engine, google-clo...@googlegroups.com
Thanks Yannick, I filed this:  https://issuetracker.google.com/issues/64601222

But I really want to hear from others if they see anything similar to distinguish between a product issue and a development environmental issue.

Also any pointer on how to troubleshoot this would be appreciated. Why would request to /_ah/gcs fail with just a 500 in the logs. Where is the stack trace (if any) for that module).

I had been limping along with these errors for a few weeks now but yesterday I tried to reinitialize my dev environment with new sample date and I am completely hosed. I conclude that reads have been working but writes fail.

Thanks a lot for your attention

Yannick (Cloud Platform Support)