Can't use the development web server with windows vista...

1 view

Bob the Tomato

Jun 1, 2008, 1:37:41 PM6/1/08
to Google App Engine
I'm trying to get the development web server to work with windows
vista. But when ever I try to use the command, it comes up with this
error:

C:\Program Files\Google\google_appengine>dev_appserver.py c:\users
\stephen\desktop\helloworld
Invalid arguments
Runs a development application server for an application.

dev_appserver.py [options] <application root>

Application root must be the path to the application to run in this
server.
Must contain a valid app.yaml or app.yml file.

--help, -h View this helpful message.
...ect.

My directories are :
C:\Program Files\Google\google_appengine
C:\Users\Stephen\Desktop\helloworld
and for python: C:\Python25

elsigh

Jun 1, 2008, 1:39:10 PM6/1/08
to Google App Engine
Can you post the contents of helloworld on your desktop? Do you have
an app.yaml in there?

Bob the Tomato

Jun 1, 2008, 1:41:09 PM6/1/08
to Google App Engine
Yes, I have for helloworld.py:
print 'Content-Type: text/plain'
print ''
print 'Hello, world!'

and app.yaml:
application: helloworld
version: 1
runtime: python
api_version: 1

handlers:
- url: /.*
script: helloworld.py

Duncan

Jun 1, 2008, 2:33:34 PM6/1/08
to Google App Engine
On Jun 1, 6:37 pm, Bob the Tomato <stephena...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> I'm trying to get the development web server to work with windows
> vista. But when ever I try to use the command, it comes up with this
> error:
>
> C:\Program Files\Google\google_appengine>dev_appserver.py c:\users
> \stephen\desktop\helloworld
> Invalid arguments

Did you read yesterday's thread with apparently the same issue?

http://groups.google.com/group/google-appengine/browse_thread/thread/c074c6b1372ae497#

Bob the Tomato

Jun 1, 2008, 2:40:21 PM6/1/08
to Google App Engine

Bob the Tomato

Jun 1, 2008, 3:15:43 PM6/1/08
to Google App Engine
It didn't work for me.

Duncan

Jun 1, 2008, 4:07:57 PM6/1/08
to Google App Engine
On Jun 1, 8:15 pm, Bob the Tomato <stephena...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> It didn't work for me.

What happens if you run Python explicitly? e.g.

C:\Program Files\Google\google_appengine>C:\Python25\python
dev_appserver.py c:\users\stephen\desktop\helloworld

or:

C:\users\stephen\desktop\helloworld>C:\Python25\python "C:\Program
Files\Google\google_appengine\dev_appserver.py" .

Bob the Tomato

Jun 1, 2008, 7:35:51 PM6/1/08
to Google App Engine
Those two just gave me the same problem as before.

Bob the Tomato

Jun 1, 2008, 7:50:27 PM6/1/08
to Google App Engine
Wait, okay. I figured it out.
I did as you suggested but made the directory C:\Users\Stephen\Desktop
instead and defined the port and added helloworld\ at the end.
Thanks Duncan.