SDK 1.3.6 released!

Ikai L (Google)

Aug 17, 2010, 5:19:44 PM8/17/10
to google-a...@googlegroups.com
Hey guys,

This is just a heads up that App Engine SDK version 1.3.6 is officially released! Read more about it here:

Release notes are below:

Java 1.3.6

  • Multitenancy is now supported in the datastore, allowing better compartmentalization of user data.
  • Automatic image thumbnailing is now available in the Images API using getServingUrl.
  • Users can now serve custom static error pages for over_quota, dos_api_denial and default cases.
  • Results of datastore count() queries and offsets for all datastore queries are no longer capped at 1000.
  • Added a pause queue button to the task queue details page in the Admin Console.
  • Historical graphs have been added to all of the dashboard graphs in the Admin Console.
  • Content-range headers are supported on Blobstore downloads.
  • New method to allocate datastore ids in a given range: allocateIdRange()
  • The app.yaml format is supported with Java applications.
  • Increased several rate limited quotas for free applications.
  • Fixed an issue that did not allow forms of over 200,000 bytes to be submitted.

Python 1.3.6

  • Multitenancy is now supported in the datastore, allowing better compartmentalization of user data.
  • Automatic image thumbnailing is now available in the Images API using get_serving_url().
  • Users can now serve custom static error pages for over_quota, dos_api_denial and default cases.
  • Results of datastore count() queries and offsets for all datastore queries are no longer capped at 1000.
  • Added a pause queue button to the task queue details page in the Admin Console.
  • Historical graphs have been added to all of the dashboard graphs in the Admin Console.
  • Content-range headers are supported on Blobstore downloads.
  • Remote API now supports the Blobstore API.
  • New method to allocate datastore ids in a given range: db.allocate_id_range().
  • New db method is_in_transaction() determines if a transaction is still open.
  • Increased several rate limited quotas for free applications.
  • Fixed an issue in db.py where unindexed property lists for user-specified property names were ignored.
  • Fixed an issue where the task queue uses local time instead of UTC time to compute job ETA.
  • Fixed an issue in the SDK with datastore cursors being too large.
--
Ikai Lan

Spines

Aug 18, 2010, 2:45:36 PM8/18/10
to Google App Engine
Thank you App Engine Team! I had been struggling with how I would get
a decent solution for displaying lots of thumbnail images on one page,
and with this release and the getServingUrl function, it seems like my
problems are solved!

On Aug 17, 2:19 pm, "Ikai L (Google)" <ika...@google.com> wrote:
> Hey guys,
>
> This is just a heads up that App Engine SDK version 1.3.6 is officially
> released! Read more about it here:
>
> http://googleappengine.blogspot.com/2010/08/multi-tenancy-support-hig...
>
> Release notes are below:
>
> Java 1.3.6
>
>    - Multitenancy is now supported in the datastore, allowing better
>    compartmentalization of user data.
>    - Automatic image thumbnailing is now available in the Images API using
>    getServingUrl.
>    - Users can now serve custom static error pages for over_quota,
>    dos_api_denial and default cases.
>    - Results of datastore count() queries and offsets for all datastore
>    queries are no longer capped at 1000.
>    - Added a pause queue button to the task queue details page in the Admin
>    Console.
>    - Historical graphs have been added to all of the dashboard graphs in the
>    Admin Console.
>    - Content-range headers are supported on Blobstore downloads.
>    - New method to allocate datastore ids in a given range:
>    allocateIdRange()
>    - The app.yaml format is supported with Java applications.
>    - Increased several rate limited quotas for free applications.
>    - Fixed an issue that did not allow forms of over 200,000 bytes to be
>    submitted.
>       -http://code.google.com/p/googleappengine/issues/detail?id=1608
>
> Python 1.3.6
>
>    - Multitenancy is now supported in the datastore, allowing better
>    compartmentalization of user data.
>    - Automatic image thumbnailing is now available in the Images API using
>    get_serving_url().
>    - Users can now serve custom static error pages for over_quota,
>    dos_api_denial and default cases.
>    - Results of datastore count() queries and offsets for all datastore
>    queries are no longer capped at 1000.
>    - Added a pause queue button to the task queue details page in the Admin
>    Console.
>    - Historical graphs have been added to all of the dashboard graphs in the
>    Admin Console.
>    - Content-range headers are supported on Blobstore downloads.
>    - Remote API now supports the Blobstore API.
>    - New method to allocate datastore ids in a given range:
>    db.allocate_id_range().
>    - New db method is_in_transaction() determines if a transaction is still
>    open.
>    - Increased several rate limited quotas for free applications.
>    - Fixed an issue in db.py where unindexed property lists for
>    user-specified property names were ignored.
>    - Fixed an issue where the task queue uses local time instead of UTC time
>    to compute job ETA.
>       -http://code.google.com/p/googleappengine/issues/detail?id=2508
>    - Fixed an issue in the SDK with datastore cursors being too large.
>       -http://code.google.com/p/googleappengine/issues/detail?id=3152

Aug 19, 2010, 8:52:16 AM8/19/10
to Google App Engine
I switched to it yesterday but had to switch back to 1.3.5 due to an
issue with remote_api: Issue 178: ImportError: No module named
fancy_urllib.

Hopefully the issue will be fixed before 1.3.6 becomes mandatory?

On Aug 17, 5:19 pm, "Ikai L (Google)" <ika...@google.com> wrote:
> Hey guys,
>
> This is just a heads up that App Engine SDK version 1.3.6 is officially
> released! Read more about it here:
>
> http://googleappengine.blogspot.com/2010/08/multi-tenancy-support-hig...
>
> Release notes are below:
>
> Java 1.3.6
>
>    - Multitenancy is now supported in the datastore, allowing better
>    compartmentalization of user data.
>    - Automatic image thumbnailing is now available in the Images API using
>    getServingUrl.
>    - Users can now serve custom static error pages for over_quota,
>    dos_api_denial and default cases.
>    - Results of datastore count() queries and offsets for all datastore
>    queries are no longer capped at 1000.
>    - Added a pause queue button to the task queue details page in the Admin
>    Console.
>    - Historical graphs have been added to all of the dashboard graphs in the
>    Admin Console.
>    - Content-range headers are supported on Blobstore downloads.
>    - New method to allocate datastore ids in a given range:
>    allocateIdRange()
>    - The app.yaml format is supported with Java applications.
>    - Increased several rate limited quotas for free applications.
>    - Fixed an issue that did not allow forms of over 200,000 bytes to be
>    submitted.
>       -http://code.google.com/p/googleappengine/issues/detail?id=1608
>
> Python 1.3.6
>
>    - Multitenancy is now supported in the datastore, allowing better
>    compartmentalization of user data.
>    - Automatic image thumbnailing is now available in the Images API using
>    get_serving_url().
>    - Users can now serve custom static error pages for over_quota,
>    dos_api_denial and default cases.
>    - Results of datastore count() queries and offsets for all datastore
>    queries are no longer capped at 1000.
>    - Added a pause queue button to the task queue details page in the Admin
>    Console.
>    - Historical graphs have been added to all of the dashboard graphs in the
>    Admin Console.
>    - Content-range headers are supported on Blobstore downloads.
>    - Remote API now supports the Blobstore API.
>    - New method to allocate datastore ids in a given range:
>    db.allocate_id_range().
>    - New db method is_in_transaction() determines if a transaction is still
>    open.
>    - Increased several rate limited quotas for free applications.
>    - Fixed an issue in db.py where unindexed property lists for
>    user-specified property names were ignored.
>    - Fixed an issue where the task queue uses local time instead of UTC time
>    to compute job ETA.
>       -http://code.google.com/p/googleappengine/issues/detail?id=2508
>    - Fixed an issue in the SDK with datastore cursors being too large.
>       -http://code.google.com/p/googleappengine/issues/detail?id=3152

Spines

Aug 19, 2010, 1:23:14 PM8/19/10
to Google App Engine
I did some performance testing on the new high performance image
serving that uses getServingUrl.

If anyones interested I wrote about it here:
http://www.answercow.com/q/304002/app-engines-high-performance-image-serving-system

Ikai L (Google)

Aug 19, 2010, 1:31:51 PM8/19/10
to google-a...@googlegroups.com
Users running into issues with fancy_urllib: are you running django-appengine-patch?

Aug 19, 2010, 3:17:54 PM8/19/10
to Google App Engine
Not using django-appengine-patch; remote_api only being used pretty
much as documented here: http://code.google.com/appengine/articles/remote_api.html

Thanks in advance, Ikai.

On Aug 19, 1:31 pm, "Ikai L (Google)" <ika...@google.com> wrote:
> Users running into issues with fancy_urllib: are you running
> django-appengine-patch?
>

> On Thu, Aug 19, 2010 at 10:23 AM, Spines <kwste...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > I did some performance testing on the new high performance image
> > serving that uses getServingUrl.
>
> > If anyones interested I wrote about it here:
>
> >http://www.answercow.com/q/304002/app-engines-high-performance-image-...
> > .

Ryan Weber

Aug 22, 2010, 4:15:26 PM8/22/10
to google-a...@googlegroups.com
Hitting the fancy_urllib issue with remote_api too. Has anyone found a fix/workaround for this (other than reverting back to 1.3.5)?

Julian Namaro

Aug 24, 2010, 1:24:29 AM8/24/10
to Google App Engine
You can add:
sys.path.insert(0,"/path/to/google_appengine/lib/fancy_urllib")

..in the script where you're calling remote_api.

Argo Roots

Aug 25, 2010, 11:37:45 AM8/25/10
to Google App Engine
- Results of datastore count() queries and offsets for all datastore
queries are no longer capped at 1000.

I still get 1000 if I do:
count = Person.all().count()

Any help?