How are you people debugging things on the server?

shabda raaj

Apr 8, 2008, 8:39:24 AM4/8/08
to Google App Engine
I have a Django app, which is working on dev server. ON uploading this
to Appengine, I get 500 server errors. The logs in admin console are
very unhelpful. PDB doesn't work (Of course). So what are my ootions
for debugging this on the server?

ma...@google.com

Apr 9, 2008, 1:02:53 PM4/9/08
to Google App Engine
Hi,
You have several options for debugging your application on Google App
Engine. You can set the debug variable when calling the
WSGIApplication method of webapp, and also when generating your Django
templates with template.render. Also, be sure to use the Python
logging module to record descriptive messages to view in your error
console. You can also view the logging messages in your browser by
appending '?debug' to the end of your URL. Tips on how to use the
Python logging module with Google App Engine can be found here:
http://code.google.com/appengine/articles/logging.html

-Marzia