IE Problem with POST - 400 Bad request: Your client has issued a malformed or illegal request

spiewko

Mar 23, 2009, 11:37:32 AM3/23/09
to Google App Engine
Hello,
I having the following errors TCP errors:
400 Bad request: Your client has issued a malformed or illegal
request
after sending POST requests from IE 6.0. While the same requests works
with FF.

In development (localhost and SDK) - the are no errors.

This is happening with app I developing bu also in simple Guestbook
application:

import cgi
import os

from google.appengine.ext.webapp import template
from google.appengine.api import users
from google.appengine.ext import webapp
from google.appengine.ext.webapp.util import run_wsgi_app
from google.appengine.ext import db

class Greeting(db.Model):
author = db.UserProperty()
content = db.StringProperty(multiline=True)
date = db.DateTimeProperty(auto_now_add=True)

class MainPage(webapp.RequestHandler):
def get(self):
greetings_query = Greeting.all().order('-date')
greetings = greetings_query.fetch(10)

if users.get_current_user():
url = users.create_logout_url(self.request.uri)
url_linktext = 'Logout'
else:
url = users.create_login_url(self.request.uri)
url_linktext = 'Login'

template_values = {
'greetings': greetings,
'url': url,
'url_linktext': url_linktext,
}

path = os.path.join(os.path.dirname(__file__), 'index.html')
self.response.out.write(template.render(path, template_values))

class Guestbook(webapp.RequestHandler):
def post(self):
greeting = Greeting()

if users.get_current_user():
greeting.author = users.get_current_user()

greeting.content = self.request.get('content')
greeting.put()
self.redirect('/')

application = webapp.WSGIApplication(
[('/', MainPage),
('/sign', Guestbook)],
debug=True)

def main():
run_wsgi_app(application)

if __name__ == "__main__":
main()

I would appreciate some help with this. Thanks in advance!

spiewko

Mar 23, 2009, 1:11:52 PM3/23/09
to Google App Engine
The same with gea samples like cccwiki:
http://code.google.com/p/google-app-engine-samples/source/browse/trunk/cccwiki

erros in IE 6.0 after POST. This not happens every time. I also
notice that after refreshing the POST req (after getting error) it
always OK.

spiewko

Mar 26, 2009, 7:54:02 AM3/26/09
to Google App Engine
OK I made some testing site:

http://spiewko.appspot.com.

This is the guestbook application straight from
http://code.google.com/p/google-app-engine-samples. I made same test
from different computers, ISP. Sending greeting from Internet Explorer
6 gives an Google error approximately 1 in 3-6 times. Often it helps
to refresh the page after error.

Nobody else have this problems?

Nitin Pathak

Apr 6, 2009, 8:33:56 AM4/6/09
to Google App Engine
I have the exact same problem with my app running on GAE..I have
tested with IE6 and 7..Have to test with Mozilla as well! The problem
is I am unable to find enough help over the Internet as this is
relatively new..Any inputs from your end?

On Mar 26, 4:54 pm, spiewko <stoigniew.szt...@gmail.com> wrote:
> OK I made some testing site:
>
> http://spiewko.appspot.com.
>
> This is the guestbook application straight fromhttp://code.google.com/p/google-app-engine-samples. I made same test

spiewko

Apr 20, 2009, 4:54:12 PM4/20/09
to Google App Engine
> I have the exact same problem with my app running on GAE..I have
> tested with IE6 and 7..Have to test with Mozilla as well! The problem
> is I am unable to find enough help over the Internet as this is
> relatively new..Any inputs from your end?

Unfortunately I didn't manage to solve this:(. I was thinking of using
gea for my current project but because of this issue I change my
plans:/