Problem with OAuth and Twitter

ke...@kanno.com

Jul 22, 2010, 10:17:54 PM7/22/10
to Google App Engine
Hi,

I have a problem with OAuth and Twitter right now.
My application is a small Twitter client and was working fine about 6
hours ago but after that
I couldn't connect to Twitter anymore. I checked Twitter and their
OAuth and all the APIs are
working perfect. It seems like GAE's urlfetch is not working to
Twitter.

I heard my friends also have a problem with connecting Twitter with
OAuth on GAE.

Thanks,
Keiya Kanno

Nischal Shetty

Jul 22, 2010, 10:39:06 PM7/22/10
to Google App Engine
I'm facing the same problem. Not able to obtain the redirect URL from
twitter, though it was working fine until now. It is still working in
my development environment but not working on the live app engine
deployment, Please help ASAP!

-Nischal

Keith

Jul 23, 2010, 7:49:09 AM7/23/10
to Google App Engine
I'm also seeing problems between appengine and twitter. I'm just
trying to post status updates using basic authentication. Code
has woked fine for some time and works fine when run locally but
fails from appengine. I get the following stack trace from twitter4j

Caused by: java.io.IOException: Could not fetch URL:
https://api.twitter.com/1/statuses/update.json
at
com.google.appengine.api.urlfetch.URLFetchServiceImpl.convertApplicationException(URLFetchServiceImpl.java:
106)
at
com.google.appengine.api.urlfetch.URLFetchServiceImpl.fetch(URLFetchServiceImpl.java:
39)

Ross Karchner

Jul 23, 2010, 9:15:32 AM7/23/10
to google-a...@googlegroups.com
Unrelated to the issue being discussed, but are you already aware that
basic auth is going away in a few weeks?

http://countdowntooauth.com/

> --

Ross M Karchner
http://eventgrinder.com

Nischal Shetty

Jul 23, 2010, 10:40:57 AM7/23/10
to Google App Engine
@Ross

I've been using oAuth

-Nischal

michisu

Jul 23, 2010, 12:10:17 AM7/23/10
to Google App Engine
Hi.
I have the same problem on the production environment.

urlfetch throws "DownloadError: ApplicationError: 2" or
"DownloadError: ApplicationError: 5".

Thanks,
michisu

TAKEUCHI POMU

Jul 22, 2010, 11:56:50 PM7/22/10
to google-appengine
I got this problem too.

Not only oauth, posting tweets also fails at a highly rate.

It seems to continuously happen since 22:45 GMT.

Pomu

gmcbay

Jul 22, 2010, 10:47:15 PM7/22/10
to Google App Engine
Same problem here. A Java-based GAE that has been working fine for
months suddenly stopped working either late last night or early this
morning. Twitter API requests are causing Java IOExceptions (they
work once in a while but fail like 90% of the time). The same
requests work fine when fetched from a local instance of my app, so it
appears to be a partial outage of GAE's url request service.
> > Keiya Kanno- Hide quoted text -

Nanaya Hoshizaki

Jul 23, 2010, 12:07:31 AM7/23/10
to Google App Engine
I have the same problem on GAE/J.
My application is working surely on the local environment,
but it is not working on the product environment.

Nanaya Hoshizaki

Ikai L (Google)

Jul 23, 2010, 1:21:17 PM7/23/10
to google-a...@googlegroups.com
We've been working with Twitter on this.
--
Ikai Lan

Nischal Shetty

Jul 23, 2010, 1:42:14 PM7/23/10
to Google App Engine
@Ikai

Great to hear from you. Kinda relieved! Hope this thing gets sorted
soon. Keeping my fingers crossed.

-Nischal
> > google-appengi...@googlegroups.com<google-appengine%2Bunsubscrib e...@googlegroups.com>
> > .
> > > For more options, visit this group at
> >http://groups.google.com/group/google-appengine?hl=en.
>
> > --
> > .

Nanaya Hoshizaki

Jul 23, 2010, 1:56:16 PM7/23/10
to Google App Engine
I have the same problem.
My application is working surely on the local environment,
but it is not working on product environment.

--
Nanaya HOSHIZAKI

Nischal Shetty

Jul 23, 2010, 2:00:55 PM7/23/10
to Google App Engine
The twitter and Appengine team is working on the issue. It should
hopefully be fixed soon. Keep your fingers crossed and hopes high!

-Nischal

Nanaya Hoshizaki

Jul 23, 2010, 2:01:59 PM7/23/10
to Google App Engine
sorry for my duplication mail.

Nischal Shetty

Jul 23, 2010, 2:40:16 PM7/23/10
to Google App Engine
It's working now! Thank you Appengine team!

-Nischal

Ikai L (Google)

Jul 23, 2010, 3:17:25 PM7/23/10
to google-a...@googlegroups.com
Twitter is posting an update shortly. It's a result of users violating Twitter's terms of service, resulting in portions of traffic from GAE being blocked.

Note that this is fixed in the short term, but we're going to have to devise a longer term solution because there is a chance this can happen again in the future.

Ikai L (Google)

Jul 23, 2010, 3:28:43 PM7/23/10
to google-a...@googlegroups.com

Nischal Shetty

Jul 23, 2010, 4:22:13 PM7/23/10
to Google App Engine
@Ikai

Thanks for the info. Weird thing, I'm still facing the issue!

-Nischal

On Jul 24, 12:28 am, "Ikai L (Google)" <ika...@google.com> wrote:
> Here's the post from Twitter's API team:
>
> http://groups.google.com/group/twitter-development-talk/msg/692b6fe2e...
>
> On Fri, Jul 23, 2010 at 12:17 PM, Ikai L (Google) <ika...@google.com> wrote:
>

> > Twitter is posting an update shortly. It's a result of users violating
> > Twitter's terms of service, resulting in portions of traffic from GAE being
> > blocked.
>
> > Note that this is fixed in the short term, but we're going to have to
> > devise a longer term solution because there is a chance this can happen
> > again in the future.
>
> > On Fri, Jul 23, 2010 at 11:40 AM, nischalshetty <nischalshett...@gmail.com
> >> .
> >> groups.google.com/group/google-appengine?hl=en.

> >> --
> >> .

Nischal Shetty

Jul 23, 2010, 11:33:45 PM7/23/10
to Google App Engine
Calls to twitter are working fine for me, I guess its working for
everyone.

-Nischal