django admin on app engine

@@

Oct 31, 2008, 3:18:36 AM10/31/08
to google-a...@googlegroups.com
just updated django and appengine_django to the latest version (r66 and r9296), so i not sure whether this patch works on previous version.

On Fri, Oct 31, 2008 at 12:56 AM, Matt McDonald <met...@gmail.com> wrote:

On Oct 30, 5:02 am, "@@" <ask...@gmail.com> wrote:
> hi i have django admin works on app engine helper with some modifications
> (both django admin and app engine helper) .
>
> demo:http://djangoadmin.appspot.com/admin/<http://djangoadmin.appspot.com/admin/>

Awesome!  Care to share the diff/patch please?

django.contrib.admin.patch
appengine_django.patch

Arash

Nov 2, 2008, 6:30:34 PM11/2/08
to Google App Engine
I pathced successfully. But while running it locally, it gave me this
errors:

File "/home/arash/python/agora/django/contrib/admin/validation.py",
line 248, in get_field
% (cls.__name__, label, field, model.__name__))
ImproperlyConfigured: 'GroupAdmin.filter_horizontal' refers to field
'permissions' that is missing from model 'Group'.
INFO:root:"GET /admin/polls HTTP/1.1" 500 -
INFO:root:##app:appengine_django
INFO:root:##import error:No module named admin
INFO:root:##app:django.contrib.auth
>  django.contrib.admin.patch
> 80KViewDownload
>
>  appengine_django.patch
> 18KViewDownload

@@

Nov 2, 2008, 8:42:29 PM11/2/08
On Mon, Nov 3, 2008 at 7:30 AM, Arash <ara...@gmail.com> wrote:

I pathced successfully. But while running it locally, it gave me this
errors:

 File "/home/arash/python/agora/django/contrib/admin/validation.py",
line 248, in get_field
   % (cls.__name__, label, field, model.__name__))
ImproperlyConfigured: 'GroupAdmin.filter_horizontal' refers to field
'permissions' that is missing from model 'Group'.
INFO:root:"GET /admin/polls HTTP/1.1" 500 -
INFO:root:##app:appengine_django
INFO:root:##import error:No module named admin
INFO:root:##app:django.contrib.auth

Hi
there are some problems when using auth.admin
i will look into it later.
here is a simple patch.

auth.admin.patch

@@

Nov 2, 2008, 9:28:09 PM11/2/08
to google-a...@googlegroups.com
Sorry i can't figure out why last_login,date_joined is not in  UserAdmin.form.base_fields :(

Arash

Nov 3, 2008, 3:21:23 PM11/3/08
to Google App Engine
I haven't get a chance to test this new patch yet. But in short this
is a extremely useful feature. I am wondering if this is going to end
up in upstream.

On Nov 2, 9:28 pm, "@@" <ask...@gmail.com> wrote:

Mike

Dec 4, 2008, 12:14:19 AM12/4/08
to Google App Engine
Can I use this patch with appengine-patch? It would be very useful to
have the admin working. Any chance that this can be integrated into
appengine-helper or appengine-patch? It would be easier to use it that
way rather than having the patch separately.