Increasing Task Queue Quota Limit

Brian McConnell

Aug 27, 2009, 8:09:38 PM8/27/09
to Google App Engine
Hello,

I was wondering if we can get our Task Queue quota increased. We have
seen a substantial increase in usage, and are getting close to the 10K
limit (we use it to run small background tasks that increase
proportionally with usage). Our app IDs are worldwidelexicon and
wwlapi

Thanks.

Brian McConnell

Nick Johnson (Google)

Aug 28, 2009, 8:16:29 AM8/28/09
to google-a...@googlegroups.com
Hi Brian,

We'll be increasing the limit across the board in the near future. If you think you have a compelling use case for getting your limit raised early, please let me know in a private email what you need it for.

-Nick Johnson
--
Nick Johnson, Developer Programs Engineer, App Engine

kaz

Sep 5, 2009, 6:49:12 AM9/5/09
to Google App Engine
Hello Nick,

I'm writing a production code on GAE/J for a collabolation tool called
Colabolo, which will be updated this month. We've been using Rails
until now and are moving to GAE/J on the next update.

http://www.techcrunch.com/2009/06/21/colabolo-takes-another-stab-at-team-task-management/

Almost all the porting has been done and we got a last one challenge
which can be a show stopper. I was very pleased when I hear the news
about 1.2.5 release with TQ, since it can be a silver bullet to solve
our problem.

But I just found that there's a 10,000 tasks/day limitation which
means it is impossible to use on production. While we understand that
TQ is an experimental, we'd like to use it on our new update to
demonstrate the power of the cloud to our users and executives (and we
can rollback to the old implementation anytime when we find any
gritches on TQ implementation).

So can you consider changing quotas for TQ for our apps? The app ids
are:

colabolo-gae
colabolo-gae-qa
colabolo-gae-dev
colabolo-gae-dev2

If you can allow us to use somethinglike 1M/day tasks, we can make
each task short and fine grained. We look forward to your reply.

Thanks,

Kaz

On 8月28日, 午後9:16, "Nick Johnson (Google)" <nick.john...@google.com>
wrote:
> Hi Brian,
> We'll be increasing the limit across the board in the near future. If you
> think you have a compelling use case for getting your limit raised early,
> please let me know in a private email what you need it for.
>
> -Nick Johnson

Nick Johnson (Google)

Sep 8, 2009, 6:31:53 AM9/8/09
to google-a...@googlegroups.com
Hi Kaz,

With the 1.2.5 release, the Task Queue quota has been increased to 100k per day for billed apps. Is this likely to be enough for your short-term requirements?

-Nick Johnson

Jason C

Sep 10, 2009, 7:21:21 PM9/10/09
to Google App Engine
Some of our architectural designs are contemplating daily taskqueue
jobs in the millions.

What sort of reaction does this bring from Google? Is this within the
realm of possibility (current quota limitations aside), or completely
not what taskqueue is contemplating?

On Sep 8, 4:31 am, "Nick Johnson (Google)" <nick.john...@google.com>
wrote:
> Hi Kaz,
> With the 1.2.5 release, the Task Queue quota has been increased to 100k per
> day for billed apps. Is this likely to be enough for your short-term
> requirements?
>
> -Nick Johnson
>

> On Sat, Sep 5, 2009 at 11:49 AM, kaz <kazunori...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > Hello Nick,
>
> > I'm writing a production code on GAE/J for a collabolation tool called
> > Colabolo, which will be updated this month. We've been using Rails
> > until now and are moving to GAE/J on the next update.
>
> >http://www.techcrunch.com/2009/06/21/colabolo-takes-another-stab-at-t...

Nick Johnson (Google)

Sep 11, 2009, 5:30:30 AM9/11/09
On Fri, Sep 11, 2009 at 12:21 AM, Jason C <jason.a...@gmail.com> wrote:

Some of our architectural designs are contemplating daily taskqueue
jobs in the millions.

What sort of reaction does this bring from Google? Is this within the
realm of possibility (current quota limitations aside), or completely
not what taskqueue is contemplating?

This is certainly a use-case we aim to support. The current limit of 100k tasks a day for billing enabled apps is temporary.

-Nick Johnson